Comp Up For Grabs - come on don't be shy now [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Comp Up For Grabs - come on don't be shy now

Mike
09-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Got a new comp on offer “Bittersweet Bundle” if anybody is interested, it’s a mixture of some brand new stuff and a couple of old favourites thrown in to pad it out. Starts off pretty upbeat then slows down before picking up again and dying a slow tortuous death. If you think Dave’s recent comp was depressing wait until you hear this! Only joking it hangs together pretty well I think. It’s got some great stuff by The Be Good Tanyas, Libertines, Interpol, Jolie Holland and Kate Rusby to name a few.

Chris I’ve just put one in the post for you so should be with you soon – sorry there’s no trip hop but one or two might pique your interest. And Dave even though you are still on the run there’s one in the post for you too - you don’t get away that easy. Jim I haven't sent one to you there's something already on its way and I know you have a fair bit of it already but should you want one you know where I am.

Should anybody else want a copy just reply here with your address or PM me. Here’s the tracklist:-

1. Interpol - Evil
2. Graham Coxon - Bittersweet Bundle
3. Reindeer Section - Your Sweet Voice
4. The Libertines - What Katie Did
5. Faithless - No Roots
6. The Earlies - Devil’s Country
7. Royksopp - Higher Place
8. Mojave 3 - Satellite No 1
9. The National - All Rolled Up In Straps
10. The Be Good Tanyas - Junkie Song
11. Aqualung - Breaking My Heart Again
12. Kate Rusby - Young James
13. Nic Armstrong - Down Home Girl
14. Tom Baxter - All Comes True
15. Embrace - Near Life
16. Beach Boys - Our Prayer
17. Magnetic Fields - You’re My Only Home
18. Willard Grant Conspiracy - Another Lonely Night
19. Jolie Holland - Old Fashioned Morphine

Cheers
Mike

-Jar-
09-30-2004, 05:13 AM
Got a new comp on offer “Bittersweet Bundle” if anybody is interested, it’s a mixture of some brand new stuff and a couple of old favourites thrown in to pad it out. Starts off pretty upbeat then slows down before picking up again and dying a slow tortuous death. If you think Dave’s recent comp was depressing wait until you hear this! Only joking it hangs together pretty well I think. It’s got some great stuff by The Be Good Tanyas, Libertines, Interpol, Jolie Holland and Kate Rusby to name a few.

Chris I’ve just put one in the post for you so should be with you soon – sorry there’s no trip hop but one or two might pique your interest. And Dave even though you are still on the run there’s one in the post for you too - you don’t get away that easy. Jim I haven't sent one to you there's something already on its way and I know you have a fair bit of it already but should you want one you know where I am.

Should anybody else want a copy just reply here with your address or PM me. Here’s the tracklist:-

1. Interpol - Evil
2. Graham Coxon - Bittersweet Bundle
3. Reindeer Section - Your Sweet Voice
4. The Libertines - What Katie Did
5. Faithless - No Roots
6. The Earlies - Devil’s Country
7. Royksopp - Higher Place
8. Mojave 3 - Satellite No 1
9. The National - All Rolled Up In Straps
10. The Be Good Tanyas - Junkie Song
11. Aqualung - Breaking My Heart Again
12. Kate Rusby - Young James
13. Nic Armstrong - Down Home Girl
14. Tom Baxter - All Comes True
15. Embrace - Near Life
16. Beach Boys - Our Prayer
17. Magnetic Fields - You’re My Only Home
18. Willard Grant Conspiracy - Another Lonely Night
19. Jolie Holland - Old Fashioned Morphine

Cheers
Mike

Always enjoy Mike comps. The last address you have for me is still good.. in Parma.

-jar

Davey
09-30-2004, 07:03 AM
Wow Mike, this looks like it has potential to be my new favorite comp! That new Interpol has only been out for a couple days and you've already got it comped! Now that's impressive :)

And a Willard Grant Conspiracy song from the one album I don't yet have and the one that some say is their best. Why don't I have it? What's wrong with me? Love those guys. And one from my new favorite band, The National. Too cool. The Libertines and the Be Good Tanyas and Magnetic Fields are all favorites too, and I've wanted to give that Earlies album a spin for a while now. What do you think of it? Have you mentioned it before? Should I quit bothering you and just use the #*&@ search button? And I think Royksopp has been on my wishlist for years. Wonder if they ever released that in the US? I know chrisnz comped em before and some of us talked a little about them way back when. How do you like that one? I guess the proper procedure is to first listen to the comp and <i>then</i> ask questions about the artists, huh? :)

Thanks alot and I'm looking forward to it. Lots of good comps flowing out of Rave Recs again.

Swish
09-30-2004, 02:13 PM
Wow Mike, this looks like it has potential to be my new favorite comp! That new Interpol has only been out for a couple days and you've already got it comped! Now that's impressive :)

And a Willard Grant Conspiracy song from the one album I don't yet have and the one that some say is their best. Why don't I have it? What's wrong with me? Love those guys. And one from my new favorite band, The National. Too cool. The Libertines and the Be Good Tanyas and Magnetic Fields are all favorites too, and I've wanted to give that Earlies album a spin for a while now. What do you think of it? Have you mentioned it before? Should I quit bothering you and just use the #*&@ search button? And I think Royksopp has been on my wishlist for years. Wonder if they ever released that in the US? I know chrisnz comped em before and some of us talked a little about them way back when. How do you like that one? I guess the proper procedure is to first listen to the comp and <i>then</i> ask questions about the artists, huh? :)

Thanks alot and I'm looking forward to it. Lots of good comps flowing out of Rave Recs again.

The new Interpol (yes, they have it already) for 9.89, that Willard Grant Conspiracy you mentioned above for 9.97 (I like Regard the End so much that I really needed to have this), and The National cd for 8.97, all with free shipping. This company is really improving their selection and seem to have nearly everything I want lately.

Swishster

Davey
09-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Hey Davey, here's what I just ordered on DeepDiscountCD.com. The new Interpol (yes, they have it already) for 9.89, that Willard Grant Conspiracy you mentioned above for 9.97 (I like Regard the End so much that I really needed to have this), and The National cd for 8.97, all with free shipping. This company is really improving their selection and seem to have nearly everything I want lately.
I'm warning you one last time, keep following me around and buying my CDs and I'm gonna ask the management here to issue a restraining order!

Hehehe, you silly doofus, too bad we aren't roommates cause then one of us could sell all his CDs and have a ton of money to buy beers and party favors. I'm gonna start mentioning some albums that I know suck moose schlong and see if you'll bite on it ;)

Swish
09-30-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm warning you one last time, keep following me around and buying my CDs and I'm gonna ask the management here to issue a restraining order!

Hehehe, you silly doofus, too bad we aren't roommates cause then one of us could sell all his CDs and have a ton of money to buy beers and party favors. I'm gonna start mentioning some albums that I know suck moose schlong and see if you'll bite on it ;)

and most of them were recommended by you. :D Yeah, so I've purchased a bunch that you raved about in the past, but the new Interpol was a no-brainer, and the others, well, what can I say? I only hope the WGC is as good as Regard the End and the other, well, I''ll just blame you if it sucks giant hippo balls.

Roommates? I think you have waaaaaaay more cds than me. I prolly got less than 2000 and would guess you have that many on order at the moment. I could only hope to amass the collection of the great and powerful Davey aka Lonesome Dave aka dbi. I'm thinking of taking on a part-time job as a shi<a>t shoveler so I can buy even more cds. Oh, I almost forgot, I also ordered Smile from DeepDiscountCD, but that one cost me a relative fortune of 12.87. I know they take next to forever to deliver, but I'm just not in that much of a hurry. Besides, I can't even find most of these where I live, except for Smile, and I would prolly pay in the area of $15 plus 6% sales tax. I really don't care about paying a buck or two more for a cd, but when I can order them on the net with little hassle, get free shipping, a low price and no sales tax? Yum, yum, gimme some.

Swish Baby

Davey
09-30-2004, 04:43 PM
I think you have waaaaaaay more cds than me. I prolly got less than 2000 and would guess you have that many on order at the moment.
And you'd prolly be wrong, moose schlong breath! I prolly have closer to 1000 CDs, but I do have about 1200 LPs too since that is the format for almost all my older pre-90 stuff. I didn't really start buying many CDs until LP production almost vanished in the early 90s, and then I switched back to LPs in the mid 90s when it picked up again. But for the last 5 years it has been mainly CDs. Just counted and I've bought 25 new and used this year. Prolly finish with maybe 40? I talk about a LOT more CDs than I actually buy (plus a bunch of people send me "demo" copies too ;)).

Swish
10-01-2004, 05:42 AM
And you'd prolly be wrong, moose schlong breath! I prolly have closer to 1000 CDs, but I do have about 1200 LPs too since that is the format for almost all my older pre-90 stuff. I didn't really start buying many CDs until LP production almost vanished in the early 90s, and then I switched back to LPs in the mid 90s when it picked up again. But for the last 5 years it has been mainly CDs. Just counted and I've bought 25 new and used this year. Prolly finish with maybe 40? I talk about a LOT more CDs than I actually buy (plus a bunch of people send me "demo" copies too ;)).

because you prolly raved about 2000 cds in the last 6 months alone. Only 25 new and used this year? What's become of you? You're a mere shadow of your former self, and it prolly has to do with all that desert heat you subjected yourself to this past year. You need to grow up and settle down somewhere sensible. :D I think I need another indypophipster dude to follow from now on. Let's see, maybe Slosh or Stone? Hmmm, I need to think about that one for awhile.

Swishy Washy

chrisnz
10-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks Mike! Looks like plenty of interesting stuff to explore. Hmmm.... I'll just go and check the mail.

Regards, chris.