Denon vs Yamaha (Receiver & DVD) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon vs Yamaha (Receiver & DVD)

dmz19
09-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Finalizing my purchase and narrowed down to Denon AVR1705 with the DVD1910 or the Yanaha RX-V550 with the DVDS1500.

Both seem to be of similar quality. The Denon DVD has a DVI input but not a selling point to me. Both the Denon and Yamaha DVD have Faroudja. The Denon receiver has up conversion to component video - but again, using component anyway, so not a selling point.

These are all relatively NEW products - anybody make any recent purchases or advice on either??

I have had Yamaha for years with never a problem but hearing the Denon mid priced stuff is great????

Coments, good or bad anyone??
Thanks,
Don

Woochifer
09-29-2004, 04:04 PM
First off, look at your choices SEPARATELY. You can pair a Yamaha receiver with a Denon DVD player (that's how my system is setup) or vice versa.

The only clearcut advantage in your comparisons is the Yamaha DVD-S1500 because it's a universal player that can play back SACD and DVD-A. The Denon cannot play back either format.

Both companies make decent equipment, so buy based on the product meeting your needs rather than on reputation.