How many movies do you watch? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How many movies do you watch?

alumpkin
09-28-2004, 10:26 AM
With all of the movie postings on this board, I was interested to know how many movies on average everyone watches a week.

I normally watch about 8-9 movies a week - most on DVD (netflix) and some in theatres.

Dusty Chalk
09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
One, maybe two. And that's only because my friends have started holding movie night on a regular basis.

sc03979
09-28-2004, 09:46 PM
About 2 per week. I would watch more if I didn't work 2nd shift and didn't work 7 days in a row. I come home around 11:30 pm and don't want to wake the neighbors by cranking the volume.

Wish I could watch 4 or 5 per week.

eisforelectronic
09-29-2004, 02:37 AM
3-10 a week I would say. Blockbuster movie pass. If you count what I watch on Cable, I think you could safely double that. God that sounds pathetic.

kexodusc
09-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Hmmm, probably 4 or 5 per week...I watch at least 1 movie I've seen before that's in my fav's list once a week.
No wonder I feel I don't have time to do anything, that's 10 leisure hours right there.

Troy
09-29-2004, 08:49 AM
3-6 a week, usually. Some weeks, none, but that's because I'm on the road or vacation.

alumpkin
09-29-2004, 09:52 AM
3-10 a week I would say. Blockbuster movie pass. If you count what I watch on Cable, I think you could safely double that. God that sounds pathetic.

Eisforelectronic, how do you like the Blockbuster movie pass? I am using Netflix and get 8 out at a time and really enjoy being able to go online and check out possible rentals. Would you, or anyone else, advise trying out and/or switching to the Blockbuster movie pass? I do have a Blockbuster nearby and am a member, I am just worried (with regard to the in-store rentals) that if I go in to get a movie I want, there is a greater chance they don't have it - especially the older movies that are on 5 day rentals.

Kam
09-29-2004, 11:59 AM
generally my movie watching numbers are inversely proportionate to the college football season. thurs, fri, sats switch over to football watching.
usually its in the 6-7 range, but work, ironically enough, gets in the way and i dont get to watch a lot of movies. haven't seen any of the latest slew of movies, have to get out!

Geoffcin
09-29-2004, 03:46 PM
And one or two cable movies a week. We have digital cable with both HBO & Showtime on demand + a dozen or so HD channels. I use the digital cable music channels as my "FM" now, so it's pretty much on all the time if I'm not doing any critical listening.

eisforelectronic
09-30-2004, 12:43 AM
I do 3 at a time from blockbuster. I haven't had any probs yet, I do sometimes have issues with them being out of what I want, but then again I just grab something else. I don't really care if I can't rent something the first week it's out. I figure I'll get to it eventually. What I like is that if I want 3 more movies the next day or a few days in a row I can do it.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-30-2004, 08:38 AM
I used to view at least 10-12 movies a week, but that has been sharply curtailed because of increase in work. I love mixing music, but I sure miss my movies!

This Guy
09-30-2004, 01:45 PM
uuhh I'll watch maybe one or two a week.

Worf101
10-01-2004, 06:21 AM
My movie habits vary directly with how many classics are on TCM, HBO and Showtime. Turner Classic Movies is a great channel that I would even pay premium money for. In the past year I've seen everything there from "Wuthering Heights" to ":Blazing Saddles" and everything in-between. Amazing stuff. For me, I'd say 4 to 5 movies a week. More if I laid up resting after a long work week or a gig.

Da Worfster :D

alumpkin
10-01-2004, 06:47 AM
I do 3 at a time from blockbuster. I haven't had any probs yet, I do sometimes have issues with them being out of what I want, but then again I just grab something else. I don't really care if I can't rent something the first week it's out. I figure I'll get to it eventually. What I like is that if I want 3 more movies the next day or a few days in a row I can do it.

Thanks for the reply eisforelectronic. Yeah, I figured it was a good deal, but has its compromises. You can quicky go into the store and grab a movie you want, but there is a better chance it is not there... cause all of their older movies are 5 day rentals and now basically unlimited with the movie pass. So if the movie you want is not on the shelf, who knows when it will be back. But it is nice to be able to go in and just pick up a movie. I think I will stick with Netflix though. When I send in a movie it only takes 3 days max for me to get the next one and with taking out 8 movies at a time, I only occasionally short of a new movie to watch.

Also, a trick with Netflix is that they allow you to put upcoming releases on your movie queue list before they are released. And by keeping it in the top of your list and keeping the circulation of movies somewhat continuous, I find it very easy to get it in the first wave. So I guess, in my opinion, other than the extra few days of waiting, Netflix has the advantage.