Dish Network UHF Remote [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dish Network UHF Remote

les rosenberg
09-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Problem with Dish Network new remote control is that it is UHF ONLY-cant be 'learned' by other universal remotes which are all IR - back to the old days of having 6-7 seperate remotes on the table! Anyone know of a solution?

Woochifer
09-27-2004, 01:05 PM
There are universal remotes out there that have built-in UHF transmitters. My recollection is that they are fairly expensive though.

eqm
09-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Problem with Dish Network new remote control is that it is UHF ONLY-cant be 'learned' by other universal remotes which are all IR - back to the old days of having 6-7 seperate remotes on the table! Anyone know of a solution?

I can't remember the exact brand, but Ultimate Electronics has a learning RF system remote. It does not learn the rf, but it is a universal learning remote that uses rf to send its codes to a base, which reproduces the ir signal in another room. all the dish boxes use both the ir and the uhf codes, so this solution will work perfectly for you. I think the two modules together are about $130-150. I hope this helps.

Slosh
09-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Problem with Dish Network new remote control is that it is UHF ONLY-cant be 'learned' by other universal remotes which are all IR

Not true. It's RF and IR and my old Marantz RC2000Mk.II had no problem whatsoever learning all the commands.

Randy and Tina
09-28-2004, 01:11 PM
While it is true that the Dishnetwork remote is RF only, the reciever will accept RF and IR siginals so all you would need to do is borrow one of the older Dishnetwork remotes (the black ones) Your universal remote or any learning remote can learn these codes I know this because I have the same remote and used the older one to program my universal Hope this helps
Randy

les rosenberg
10-01-2004, 12:57 PM
There are universal remotes out there that have built-in UHF transmitters. My recollection is that they are fairly expensive though.

do you know of any specific brands that will learn the RF of the Dish network remote, plus learn the IR of my other equipment.?

les rosenberg
10-01-2004, 01:21 PM
While it is true that the Dishnetwork remote is RF only, the reciever will accept RF and IR siginals so all you would need to do is borrow one of the older Dishnetwork remotes (the black ones) Your universal remote or any learning remote can learn these codes I know this because I have the same remote and used the older one to program my universal Hope this helps
Randy
Unfortunately, the new 921 receiver, (which includes HD recording), is actually RF only, and doesn't receive IR, which Dish acknowledges. It's really a pain to use 2 remotes every time you change a channel, to adjust the aspect ratio, etc., DISH says their engineers are considering the problem, but I doubt they'll do anything for me, so I'm looking for a universal remote that will both learn and transmit IR and RF.
thanks for your help.
Les.

johnnyk8
10-20-2004, 06:55 AM
I am using a Marantz RC-18SR with a Dish 811 box and it is UHF only. Looks like it's time to upgrade to one of the prontos.

I am assuming the Pronto 3000 will work with this darn box.