You know what's sad? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You know what's sad?

ForeverAutumn
09-27-2004, 11:11 AM
That the post announcing my Guinea Pig names had more hits than the moderator's begging for registration.

Just an observation. ;)

Jim Clark
09-27-2004, 11:16 AM
That the post announcing my Guinea Pig names had more hits than the moderator's begging for registration.

Just an observation. ;)

No surprise-we like you!

Actually the main guy here managed to piss off a fair number of people before he sat down in his director's chair. Doesn't really matter that much to me as long as they leave this forum alone though. I don't think most people here would tolerate any more "improvements".

jc

MasterCylinder
09-28-2004, 05:07 AM
A few years back, this board managed to receive hundreds of posts per day and many times the hits..........much of the information here was useful too.

I don't know what motivated the owners to alter the entire paradigm.

Whatever it was, it ran off more people than I can remember.

nobody
09-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I think the old setup drew people in because it was a bit unique in the way threads were displayed and all. Making the site just like every other message board out there with the latest change doesn't really give much of a reason to pick this place over tons of others.

MasterCylinder
09-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Well said.........Mr. nobody...........

In addition, because of the way the message titles were displayed, we actually could respond differently within titles and/or messages.

I thought it was better the old way.

Hyfi
09-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Is having Guinea Pigs for pets at your age. I'm tellin your landlord about them.

Wow, thought I was the only one who still thinks this format sucks. Nobody's fault but my own, but I still use dialup and can't possibly find the time to weed thru all the posts for something interesting. If the main topic or original poster doesnt catch my attention, it's lost in the shuffle......kinda like this post and replies.......hehe

Hey, at least there is still AA where the old style format lives on and loads real fast on any speed connection. I can scan 5 catagories of posts there in the time it takes me to read 5 posts here. Many folks from here post more there now anyway. Ya, they were real smart using this format.......maybe they actually wanted to break the old gang up. They may have thought it became a personal hangout for 15 or so of us. Maybe they were thratened with lawsuits over all the comp trading we did that subsequently led to a boost in CD sales.

A few weeks ago there was a post about the top 10 reasons this place sucks. The format would have been #1 on my list.......that and no Uncle Gimpy!

Davey
09-28-2004, 02:02 PM
A few weeks ago there was a post about the top 10 reasons this place sucks. The format would have been #1 on my list.......that and no Uncle Gimpy!
Man, I gotta tell ya, that's a pretty unsympathetic thing to say to one of the women he harassed most around here with his vulgar comments. The other woman left for good. Not my favorite person, especially since he chooses to continue his diatribe against FA and SB on AA. I say good riddance :(

Slosh
09-28-2004, 03:28 PM
The other woman left for good.

Oh, I thought she had, like, a life or something. ;) I guess I can't really fault her but didn't anyone ever explain to her that ya gotta put up with the bad sometimes because the good makes all that other bulls<a>hit worthwhile? :rolleyes: Besides, Tyrannosaurs Yech went extinct quite a while ago and not a moment too soon.

Losing her hurt this BB more than the software change (at least from where I'm sitting) :(

Dave_G
09-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Jeez,

Get a life, people.

This is a stupid internet board.

It ain't no soul saving real earth holier than thou frikking place.

It's a place to rap about music and have fun.

That's all it is.

And I think YECH being banned is the worst thing that could have happened.

I guess free speech is not allowed, huh.

Dave

ForeverAutumn
09-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Holy smokes you guys! I made a simple observation that nobody seemed to give a rats ass (or a guinea pigs ass, as the case may be :rolleyes: ) about what the moderator has to say and you kids turn this into a thread about how much this place sucks and whether Yech should have been banned. Well...no and yes.

No, this place does not suck. Sure the pages are slow as molasses, but it's the people who make this place great, not the software. Sure, I liked the old format better, we had tons of fun with the thread headings. I miss that. But this is still a cool place to hang out.

And....the reason that I continue to hang out here instead of migrating over to AA like so many others have is because this place has enough respect for the people who choose to be here, to make sure that they don't have to put up with bullies and trolls.

So, we may not be reading the moderator's posts, but cudos to them for keeping out the trash.

Now, all of you, go to bed, put your favourite CD on and, hopefully, you'll all wake up tomorrow with better attitudes. :p

ForeverAutumn
09-28-2004, 04:57 PM
THIS post has had more hits than the moderator!

:D :D :D

tentoze
09-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Short bottom line: having read only the quoted post: screw any internet yarble who lives to insult people, regardless of the intent or the venue.

I've got Jim White's new release wailing on the big stereo on the East Coast, so I know you ain't ready to kiss the pillow- turn it up, Davey.dot.

Finch Platte
09-28-2004, 07:28 PM
What/where's AA?

fp

Hyfi
09-29-2004, 04:42 AM
FA is a big girl and has handled herself quite well and with more dignity than most of us. I only put that about Gimpy in there for fun. I knew a few of you would go balistic all over again. Funny thing is if you look over at AA-Rocky Road, Yech has blamed me for getting him banned. Like I had anything to do with it. He is upset that he could not rebutt to my poem and susequent replies to the post. Oh well, nobody to blame but himself.

I never said I didn't like the people here, cause I do. I just cant take the time to enjoy it as much anymore. My grass grows faster than these pages load.

FA, I know he still says lousy things about you and others. I also know you can just ignore him and move on. Hopefully you did not take offense to my post. It was not an endorsement!

Dave_G
09-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Dang!

This thread even got Mr. Fincharama to post!

I guess this format is okay, It doesn't really matter to me, but the "thread" version like AA and others use is good, ya.

Yech is alive and well, wearing Depends, and making Blues comps.

I have a bad headache today and need some drugs and tunes.

Dave

Finch Platte
09-29-2004, 06:49 AM

Just an observation. ;)

Here's a thread you all may enjoy. :rolleyes:

http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t.pl?f=rock&m=41774

elf pee

MasterCylinder
09-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks FP:
That linked post was amusing..................but, by the time I got to the end of it, I was already tired of the SOS.

I see some things never change.

Personally, I have never missed him. It might have been different if he had actually offered us anything productive.

Dusty Chalk
09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
I think the thing about threads and subjects is a true criticism. The thing about that was, you could tell (more or less) from the subject headings when a subthread had started, which ones to read, and which ones to ignore. In this format, that's just impossible.

ForeverAutumn
09-29-2004, 12:51 PM
FA is a big girl and has handled herself quite well and with more dignity than most of us. I only put that about Gimpy in there for fun. I knew a few of you would go balistic all over again. Funny thing is if you look over at AA-Rocky Road, Yech has blamed me for getting him banned. Like I had anything to do with it. He is upset that he could not rebutt to my poem and susequent replies to the post. Oh well, nobody to blame but himself.

I never said I didn't like the people here, cause I do. I just cant take the time to enjoy it as much anymore. My grass grows faster than these pages load.

FA, I know he still says lousy things about you and others. I also know you can just ignore him and move on. Hopefully you did not take offense to my post. It was not an endorsement!

No worries Brian with an "I". I know you well enough to know that you meant nothing by your comments. But I do appreciate Davey's response. Thanks Davey!

BTW, Hyfi, we need to dust off that box one of these days. ;)

Hyfi
09-29-2004, 04:43 PM
BTW, Hyfi, we need to dust off that box one of these days. ;)

Huh?

It rejected my above reply with the following message-

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters."

So I added the message for length.