Tupelo Honey [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tupelo Honey

Audio Girl
09-25-2004, 02:10 AM
I basically have abandoned all music ~ with a few exceptions ~ since my boy left for Iraq. Going through the pain of missing him, realizing it was something that I was just going to have to deal with, and life needs to go on. So, tomorrow (Saturday, 09/25), I'm going to hook up my 2-channel system that I disconnected when he left (yeah, I know, it really made Al Queda mad). I've known this reaction wasn't rational but I just had to get through it.

Tonight, hubby accompanied me for a business dinner and afterwards we stopped off for a night cap. The pianist and vocalist played "Tupelo Honey", one of my all-time favorite songs. It made me realize that Ryan wouldn't want me to sit in limbo like I have.

Bad days are still inevitable...when I haven't heard from him in over 14 days, when I do hear from him and he is sad, when one of his buddies is KIA or injured. But, slowly but surely, music needs to be integrated back into reality.

Thank you for those of you who have sent encouragement, particularly Forever Autumn and Swisheroo.

Have a great weekend,
Mary H.
Proud Marine Mom of LCPL Ryan
11th MEU ~ Deployed to Iraq, 05/27/04
miss you, son...

Swish
09-25-2004, 03:51 AM
I included it on my "Swish Mix Volume II" and I think you have a copy of that one. It's a stunning rendition of the song and, if you don't have it or can't find it, I'll throw it on that new comp I promised to send you along with that Death Cab for Cutie song we discussed.
I'll keep your son in my thoughts and will let you know what happens with mine as things move forward.

Swish

You can take all the tea in China
Put it in a big brown bag for me.
Sail right round all the seven oceans,
Drop it straight into the deep blue sea.

She's as sweet as tupelo honey,
She's an angel of the first degree.
She's as sweet as tupelo honey,
Just like honey baby, from the bee.

You can't stop us on the road to freedom,
You can't keep us `cause our eyes can see.
Men with insight, men in granite,
Knights in armor bent on chivalry.

tentoze
09-25-2004, 04:16 AM
And I still have the 3-cd Van sampler with the original version on it that I did up last year about the time you got infrequent around here. I had one packed up for you for months, but never had an address to mail it to. PM or email me with an address if ya want it.

MasterCylinder
09-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Mary.............I would do the exact opposite.

Music would be the best friend to pull me through the tough times.

You and Ryan are in my prayers.

Audio Girl
09-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Hi Master Cylinder:

I agree with you...your reaction makes much more sense to me. Maybe its my old age? :-) Thank you for your support.

Best,
Ag