Man, I hate when work gets in the way of music [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Man, I hate when work gets in the way of music

ForeverAutumn
09-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Green Day are in town. They're playing a sold-out show tonight. They had an autograph session at one of the downtown record stores this afternoon from 1 - 3. My plan was to work from home this morning (where I'm more productive) and then cruise downtown to pick up the new CD and get it signed this afternoon.

Well, I'm on the road again next week and have a whopper of a powerpoint presentation that I have to finish before I go. So I'm sitting at my computer working away at the presentation, really getting into it and I look up at the clock thinking, "I need to leave soon", and it's already after 2:00!!!! I would have never made it in time. :(

N.P. Green Day - Warning

Audio Girl
09-25-2004, 01:52 AM
I have not had to travel much this year but am getting ready to do some massive stuff...some for pleasure, some for pain (business). Beginning next Friday, through the 1st of December, I will travel to NYC (5 days...24th anniversary celebration with hubby); 10/06 - 10/08 - San Diego (personal); 10/13 - 10/15...San Francisco (business); mid-November, Boston, 1 week, business + pleasure. Hubby and I may go to New Mexico for Christmas just so we are not stuck at home yearning for the Marine. Are you crossing my path at any of these junctions?

ForeverAutumn
09-25-2004, 04:51 AM
I have not had to travel much this year but am getting ready to do some massive stuff...some for pleasure, some for pain (business). Beginning next Friday, through the 1st of December, I will travel to NYC (5 days...24th anniversary celebration with hubby); 10/06 - 10/08 - San Diego (personal); 10/13 - 10/15...San Francisco (business); mid-November, Boston, 1 week, business + pleasure. Hubby and I may go to New Mexico for Christmas just so we are not stuck at home yearning for the Marine. Are you crossing my path at any of these junctions?

I wish that I were travelling to some of those locations. And I would love to cross your path. I've been to Boston once and fell in love with it. No...my business travel is all in Northern Ontario. I'm flying up to Sudbury, Ontario next week. Sudbury is about 220 miles (325 Km) north of Toronto. It's one of the most beautiful drives that I've ever done (Sudbury to Toronto). Along a twisting, winding highway through the forests and lakes of Northern Ontario. This time of year with the trees beginning to change colours, the scenery will be breathtaking. So why am I flying? The twists and turns of the highway can be dangerous if the weather is not optimal. It's a trucking road. Lots of mining and logging trucks on the Highway. And cell phones don't always work up there. It can be a very nervous drive for a woman to do alone. It's a nice place to visit.... :-)

My mom and I were talking about a girls trip to NYC in the fall. Or maybe to Vegas. NYC would be less expensive. Plus, I've never been there. We're thinking of early November so it doesn't look like we'll be there the same time as you. If you ever want to cross that New York/Ontario border into Canada, however, let me know.

Mary, I remember you posting about Ben Harper a long time ago. I finally picked up one of his albums, Welcome to the Cruel World, last week. I'm listening to it for the first time as I type this and am really enjoying it. I know that it was a long, long time ago, but thanks for the rec. If you like Harper, you should pick up Jack Johnson's On and On.