Good 6.1 Dvd Player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good 6.1 Dvd Player

Z3r0
09-23-2004, 04:57 PM
Any suggestions? Looking for one that has all the goodies, sacd, dvd-audio ext... and will accept dts-es, dolby digital ex, dts neo 6 and all the other 5.1/6.1 decoding technologys available thx :).

Ambient fish
09-24-2004, 03:49 AM
Hi Z3r0, nice name, I think there might be some confusion here, are you looking for a new DVD player which will decode SACD and DVD Audio and play back DVD V to a high standard? If the answer is yes then there are two players I would reccomend. The first choice I would make would be the Denon DVD 2900, this is a mid range product with high end performance, second choice would be the one I purchased for economic reasons and that is the Pioneer 565A it does everything the Denon does at a quarter of the price with some very small loss of sound and picture quality. As far as decoding DTS NEO 6, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DD EX and DTS ES, I would leave that to your reciever, my choice of recievers is the Yamaha RX-V2400RDS. Hope this is of some help to you.

N. Abstentia
09-24-2004, 05:53 AM
and will accept dts-es, dolby digital ex, dts neo 6 and all the other 5.1/6.1 decoding technologys available thx :).

All that would be a function of your receiver. It needs to be able to decode all of those, as the DVD player would just pass the raw digital bitstream to the receiver to handle.

But the DVD-A/SACD is a different story, you need one with multi channel analog outs (and your receiver needs to have multi channel analog input) for that.

I would suggest looking at the Marantz DV-6400 as a good starting point.