had some Ivan photos, but... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : had some Ivan photos, but...

dean_martin
09-23-2004, 03:55 PM
the files are too big for this site's photo upload/manage feature. Is there a way that I can manipulate these pics and make them "smaller" for posting?

ericl
09-23-2004, 04:08 PM
http://gallery.audioreview.com

dean_martin
09-24-2004, 12:26 PM
http://gallery.audioreview.com

Thanks, ericl. I uploaded a few photos in the "event photos" section of the gallery.

BTW, one of my all time favorite movie scenes is the opening scene of Once Upon a Time in the West where Jack Elam (your avatar) and his cronies are waiting for Charles Bronson's train.

ericl
09-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Looks like Ivan made short work of those huge trees. I hope your family and home are OK. Where are you located? I hope you are not in the path of this fourth (!) hurricane on the way.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen any of Jack Elam's movies (before my time). I just love that pic of him so much I had to use it as an avatar. I am going to have rent some now.

-eric

dean_martin
09-24-2004, 01:26 PM
Actually, we made it through in pretty good shape. The tree that fell on our house didn't penetrate the roof. Others here weren't as fortunate. Some homes have been split open by trees. Many still don't have electricity after a week. We're located in a small town on the AL/FL line about 45 mi. north of Pensacola, FL. Ivan came ashore in Gulf Shores, AL to the southwest of us. As the eyewall came ashore we were in the northeast quandrant of the storm. Apparently this is one of the strongest parts of a hurricane. I've read that we had sustained winds of 130mph and gusts higher than that. It got pretty scary here from about 1:00am to 4:30am last Thurs. I think the Ivan death toll is at about 80. Although our town got hit pretty hard, we didn't lose a single life!

If we were in the sights of another hurricane this season, I think I would pack up the family and dog and head north.