Suggested settings for dialup users [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Suggested settings for dialup users

Chris
12-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Those of you who aren't interested in cute graphics, smilies, avatars and signatures, you can make your browsing experience a little quicker by changing some settings in your Profile. Go to this page:
http://forums.audioreview.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

There's a few options you can change to speed things up. Here they are:

Post elements - Deselect all three options.
Default posts per thread - Decrease the number of posts per page.
Use vBCode quick links on your message input screens? - Select the option to NOT show the toolbar.

That should help. Also, while you're on that page. If you liked the old threaded style forum, you will want to set this option:

Which thread display mode to use? - set it to either Threaded or Hybrid. It's not the same as the old threaded forums, but it is a little similar. Try it out and see if you like it.

Also make sure your Date and Time options are set correctly. This way all the post times will show up correctly for you.

Rich-n-Texas
12-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Truthfully, I feel this thread is no longer "Hot".

Groundbeef
12-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Me too. Who uses dialup anymore anyways? Maybe its for the "older" crowd. Odds are though, they will be dead soon.

JohnMichael
12-05-2008, 04:13 AM
Me too. Who uses dialup anymore anyways? Maybe its for the "older" crowd. Odds are though, they will be dead soon.

Dialup user here and far from dead.

Groundbeef
12-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Dialup user here and far from dead.

You only use it because you are a trend setter JM. Far from the typical dial-up user I might add.

And as Rich pointed out, I'm not sure that this is a "hot" topic anymore.

reeta
09-13-2014, 03:31 AM
Truthfully, I feel this thread is no longer "Hot" either.

In fact, I think it's so cold no one will even notice my posts in either one of these threads.