Rx-v2400rds [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rx-v2400rds

Ambient fish
09-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Hello all, I have recently puchased a Yamaha RX-V2400RDS and I am thinking of getting married to it as I love it so much. I know I should know better but I can't seem to find anything in the manual about the amps method of amplification. I have also read through the posts in this forum and can't find any enlightenment. My question is simple is this amp a digital amp in the manner of the Sony DA3,5,9ES or is it an analog amp?

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to reply.

The Fish :D

Wireworm5
09-23-2004, 05:35 PM
As far as I know receivers that have a digital input will convert the signal to analog (DAC) Digital to Analog Conversion. So the better the DAC the better. In my case the signal is converted from Digital to Analog on my computer soundcard and I bypass the DAC on my Yamaha.
Someone was mentioning the new Sony's a week ago that if I understand correctly, play a digital signal without conversion. Which if that's the case would be better cause you won't lose any of the original source signal in a conversion.

Ambient fish
09-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks Wireworm5, that is in fact what I am trying to find out, some of the things I have read hint that the Yamaha is equiped with digital power amps I was just looking for some confirmation of the Yamaha's power amplifiers status i.e. are they analog or digital?

kexodusc
09-24-2004, 05:17 AM
I don't think they're "digital amp" (class d)...I'm not sure exactly but maybe Woodman or someone could help you out here...
To be quite honest, the few "digital amps" I've seen, haven't impressed me all that much.

Ambient fish
09-28-2004, 02:56 AM
Thanks kexodusc. on another note, over the weekend my Pioneer DV565A suddenly stopped reading DVD V, DVD A and SACDs, it will still read CDs but that is of little use since I own an Arcam CD23T. Any idea what has gone wrong?

kexodusc
09-28-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks kexodusc. on another note, over the weekend my Pioneer DV565A suddenly stopped reading DVD V, DVD A and SACDs, it will still read CDs but that is of little use since I own an Arcam CD23T. Any idea what has gone wrong?

Not a clue...you might want to post a new thread for this question to get some more input, be sure to mention the model in the Title...you'll likely get more hits, etc...

Ambient fish
09-28-2004, 04:01 AM
Good idea, why didn't I think of that, must be the shock of not having any DVD replay facilities, thanks for the input.