Sleepytime Gorilla Museum [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

DPM
09-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Anyone here into this band? The reason I ask is because they are on tour right now, and it's a doozy. They are cramming alot of gigs into a short time span. There is a stretch during their tour where they play thirteen nights in a row with no break. Jeez. And this is not a group of people that stands on the stage and stares at their shoes.

Anyway, they're coming to the burgh in October, and I plan on catching them. Also, their next CD is due for release in a month or so. Can't wait for that one.

Dave M

progfan
09-22-2004, 04:25 AM
I haven't heard a note of their recorded music but I saw them live at Nearfest last year and I thought they were very good. They're a difficult band to pidgeon
hole but their performance was very theatrical with some really bizarre costumes and cool lighting. I'm not sure it's the kind of thing I personally would enjoy on my stereo, but as a live band they were very compelling.

Dave_G
09-22-2004, 04:50 AM
Not for me.

But I guess lots of people like them.

Dave

Dusty Chalk
09-22-2004, 09:46 AM
I dig 'em, ever since Demetrio put them on one of his comp.'s. Didn't they sign to a new label? Looking at their website, it appears to be "Web of Mimicry", but for some reason, I thought it was something else...(goes off to search)...never mind, I found it -- they used to be on Negativland's Seeland label.

mad rhetorik
09-22-2004, 10:54 AM
Definitely an out-there, avant-garde sort of band. I've heard them described as a cross between Mr. Bungle, King Crimson, and Thinking Plague. Bizarre.

I thought they had broken up after releasing <b>Grand Opening & Closing</b>.