Action Action (RYIL The Killers, Interpol, The Faint, Depeche Mode)? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Action Action (RYIL The Killers, Interpol, The Faint, Depeche Mode)?

Dusty Chalk
09-21-2004, 07:56 PM
So I saw this CD at the store, and it's got this huge, self-promoting sticker that says:

For fans of:
The Killers, Interpol, The Faint & Depeche Mode

And although three of the four interest me (I've never heard of the Killers), I am always wary of descriptions that bands or labels place upon the bands themselves, rather than, say, critics (which I am also wary of, but in a paranoid, dressed-up-as-a-clown-and-weilding-a-big-knife kind of way).

So, anyone heard them yet? The name of the album is Don't Cut Your Fabric to This Year's Fashion, and comes in wild "80's" colours. I found one review, and it seemed...adequate...so I was wondering if I could get any more information from y'all.

I would say I trust y'all's opinions...but I don't. But I would still be curious what you have to say.

EDIT: Actually, I found another review at AMG (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:57d2vwzwa9tk~T1), and it sounds much better. I'll definitely listen to it (rather than leaving it unopened so I can return it).

ForeverAutumn
09-22-2004, 03:49 AM
You might want to try doing a search here for "The Killers". There's been lots of talk about them and it's all been very positive, I think. I've only heard one song of theirs myself, so I can't really comment on them other than to say that I really like the one song that I've heard and... they are on my wish list.

Dusty Chalk
09-22-2004, 09:28 AM
I just did a search on Killers, and found nothing.

EDIT: Doh! Never mind, I found the thread -- must not be indexed yet.