AR member meetings? Bay Area AR's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AR member meetings? Bay Area AR's

ericl
09-21-2004, 10:18 AM
Hey Gang,

I wanted to see how many of you live in the Bay Area and if there would be any interest in meetings, for members to meet each other in REAL LIFE and listen to some music together or maybe watch a flick or two.

I would be willing to host, although I live down in Santa Cruz, not sure how many people could make it down there. Ideas? Thoughts?

Eric

Sir Terrence the Terrible
09-28-2004, 10:16 AM
Now this sounds interesting Eric. Have you had any bites? I sure game for a nice drive to Santa Cruz to hang out with a audiohead. I would coax Woochifer to come with me, maybe offer him some great beer I stole from Worf!

ericl
09-28-2004, 10:28 AM
You're the first repsonse!

Beer and tunes sounds like a great idea. Whats a good time? I've got a killer commute lately, so weekends are probably best, what do you think?

-Eric

samgupta
09-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey Eric--I'd be down for that too...I'm over in Pleasanton...maybe we could rotate where we host?

-Sam

09-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Eric,
The weekends are probably better for the both of us. My weeknights have been killer for about 6 months now. Seems when you think you have a little time, something always seems to come out of nowhere.

nick4433
09-29-2004, 08:05 AM
If you guys don't mind a relative newbie to AR, then count me in. I don't mind making the trek to the Bay area just to see some of you guys in person.

ericl
09-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Nick, we'd be happy to have you. Rotating sounds like a good idea, Sam. How often? Once a month? Once every two months? Saturday afternoons/evenings
We can make it a set night, say the third saturday of every month, or the host can choose which saturday. I'd prefer the latter as I go out of town often, and this would make it more flexible for me.

IThis will be fun. Guests can bring a six pack and some music, and we can check out each others systems, maybe bring our own gear to swap in and hear on a different system. Although I doubt I will be wanting to pack up my Klipsch Cornwalls and haul 'em over around the bay area!

-Eric

Wooch, you interested? Worf, aren't you in the bay area too?

samgupta
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
I think once a month would be great...although in reality it might end up being once every two months. But we are all just looking to hang out with others who share the same passion...so either way it's all good :)

Maybe we could just set the month and location schedule and then the host would pick the exact weekend?

Anyone else interested? The more the better!

Woochifer
09-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Now THIS could be intriguing! I didn't know that you could grow beer and roll that stuff up down in Santa Cruz. And the idea of carpooling with T, that could be interesting! :)

Anyway, keep me posted! If I ever offer up my place, I'll have to get the dog's permission. He's got the best hearing in the house, so he sits in the sweet spot. If you want to claim his spot, unfortunately my wife isn't keen on the idea of anybody "marking" the territory for themselves!

http://members.aol.com/sfwooch/images/bobbietiredface2.jpg

anamorphic96
09-29-2004, 11:13 PM
Im a relative newbie here as well and dont post that much but constantly wander around the site. Im in SF and dont own a car, so if I could catch a lift with someone I would definitely be interested. Weekends especially Sunday's would work well with me.

Cheers,
Glenn

samgupta
09-30-2004, 07:52 AM
Hi Glenn,

it would be great if you join us! If we plan it right, you could catch BART out to Pleasanton and then I can pick you up. When we do it at my place, this would be really easy.

-Sam

09-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Wooch,
You have one nice looking dog. My place is also open. Now that its just a listening/temp mixing space, maybe I can get more than two people in there comfortably.

anamorphic96
09-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Thank You Sam. That sounds like a plan to me. I will keep checking in to see what happens.

Glenn

ericl
10-06-2004, 12:02 PM
at, lets say, 5pm?

PM me for directions and stuff. bring music, maybe beer?

Angry Neighbors
11-23-2004, 10:52 PM
If you audio heads ever get a night going like that again, count me in! It sounds like a perfect night out of the ordinary.

ericl
11-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Everyone was expressing interest and I proposed a night, but then just every stopped talking about it! I'm going to have to plan another day..

Eric

dave123456@mail.com
01-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey Gang,

I wanted to see how many of you live in the Bay Area and if there would be any interest in meetings, for members to meet each other in REAL LIFE and listen to some music together or maybe watch a flick or two.

I would be willing to host, although I live down in Santa Cruz, not sure how many people could make it down there. Ideas? Thoughts?

Eric

Im located in Orange County and would be interested in meeting up with people from this forum. Let me know if anyone is in my area, im located by knotts berry farm.

jennifer
01-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey Gang,

Eric
Hello :) , I am also in lovely Santa Cruz and I am interested in talking about the newest things out there in dvd and HDTV and the "skinny" on pure HDTV.
Let's see who else may want to participate eh? Jen :cool:

jennifer
01-20-2005, 06:07 PM
undefined

I love audio and I was wondering if this group was only interested in 2 channel reproduction in sound. Perhaps? Home theatre is unbelievable and getting better all the time- Has this group met yet? Please inform- let us groove with 2 channel-5.1,6.1-7.1 and beyond? :) Thanks, jennifer

jennifer
01-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Hello again, just wanted to send out an apology of some key words that are predisposing themselves for sponsors. This is unusual to me and I take no responsibility in their link and do not endorse these sites.Thanks jennifer

wsdavies
02-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Im located in Orange County and would be interested in meeting up with people from this forum. Let me know if anyone is in my area, im located by knotts berry farm.
I'm up here in Bakersfield, but it'll be a while before my HD system is up to speed...

RGA
02-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Why not evryone go down to CES 2006 -- usually in January...Vegas Vacation to boot.