Not many comps being touted lately in here. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Not many comps being touted lately in here.

Finch Platte
09-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Here's one.

All Over The Map

Title/band

1) 56- Goldenboy
2) Miles Apart- Yellowcard
3) Fit- Shadrack
4) Dip Em- Eek A Mouse
5) Little Toy Brain- Gov’t Mule
6) You Don’t Love Me- George Thorogood
7) Beatbox- ZZ Top
8) Change Your Mind- The Killers
9) Pride- Seether
10) Hangnail- Nickelback
11) Comin’ Around- Juliette and the Licks
12) Whatever’s Left- Snow Patrol
13) So Alive- Ryan Adams
14) Mojo Box- Southern Culture On The Skids
15) Rider- Sonny Landreth
16) Zigaboo- Spencer Dickenson
17) Superpill- The Forty-Fives
18) Someday- Plankeye
19) Leave No Ashes- Burning Brides
20) Please- Maxeen
21) The Gates Of Dis- The Snake The Cross The Crown
22) Bloodwork- Crazyfists
23) Brightside- Thornley

All over the map- a bit of reggae, touch of blues, squirt of emo, some hard rock, garage rock, punk, no rap, no sythesizers that I'm aware of, except for ZZ Top (!?!?!) and no Mystery Track.

Lemme know if you hanker one.

fp

Mike
09-20-2004, 09:16 AM
All over the map- a bit of reggae, touch of blues, squirt of emo, some hard rock, garage rock, punk, no rap, no sythesizers that I'm aware of, except for ZZ Top (!?!?!) and no Mystery Track.

Lemme know if you hanker one.

fp

Stick one in that package your sending over,

Cheers
Mike

Finch Platte
09-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Okee dokely.

fp

BarryL
09-20-2004, 10:31 AM
I owe comps to a few people, so until I can clear the backlog, I've stopped asking. The funny thing is, that they are sitting right here, almost ready to go. Some just need packaging and postage. Others need song lists. But somehow, I haven't been able to make the time to finish them up and send them out.

I hope to get them out by Christmas.

ForeverAutumn
09-20-2004, 12:09 PM
I owe comps to a few people, so until I can clear the backlog, I've stopped asking. The funny thing is, that they are sitting right here, almost ready to go. Some just need packaging and postage. Others need song lists. But somehow, I haven't been able to make the time to finish them up and send them out.

I hope to get them out by Christmas.

Christmas, eh? That would make you, like, Sandy Claws! ;)

I'd like one please, FP. You can just throw it in the envelope when you send me the other stuff we discussed. But you were probably gonna do that anyway, weren't ya? :)

Finch Platte
09-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Christmas, eh? That would make you, like, Sandy Claws! ;)

I'd like one please, FP. You can just throw it in the envelope when you send me the other stuff we discussed. But you were probably gonna do that anyway, weren't ya? :)

I don't get it.

You know why you can't starve to death in the desert? Because of all the sand which is there (say it aloud). :rolleyes:

But, yeah- I'm enclosing a compy of All Over The Map, along with the special edition of the Snow Patrol Mike is sending. Are you interested in seeing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, by any chance? No, I don't have a copy of it, but something related.

Went to the pist office to mail some stuff today- the line reminded me of those in Russia. Fock that. Maybe FedEx would like my $$ instead?

Anyone want a copy of this bumper sticker I'm gonna have made? ;)

fp

Dusty Chalk
09-20-2004, 12:59 PM
No synthesizers? Pu!

J/K...

ForeverAutumn
09-20-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't get it.

Sounds like the title of an Asimov book.

Sandy Claws is a reference to the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas...a family favourite. If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It's excellent. I don't know if you're into the whole stop motion animation thing, but even if you're not, the story is just dark enough that I think you'll appreciate it and the music, by Danny Elfman, is excellent.

Mr MidFi
09-21-2004, 05:47 AM
I'd like one of those, if you please. Do you have my current addy in beautiful Batavia? I moved about a year ago, and I can't remember who I sent the new address to.

I'll assume you're at the same place as before, unless you say otherwise. What sounds better to you...a salute to the 70s (very all-over-the-place) or an all-JAR comp (very Mason Boor-ish)?

Finch Platte
09-21-2004, 07:53 AM
I'd like one of those, if you please. Do you have my current addy in beautiful Batavia? I moved about a year ago, and I can't remember who I sent the new address to.

I'll assume you're at the same place as before, unless you say otherwise. What sounds better to you...a salute to the 70s (very all-over-the-place) or an all-JAR comp (very Mason Boor-ish)?

Could you post a couple of songs from each so I could get a better idea what you got going?

As for your address, I'll have to look when I get home from work (in oh, about 1,634 hours) tonite.

Thanks!

elf pee

Mr MidFi
09-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Hey FP...the 70s thing is a mish-mash of nostalgia, from Ram Jam's "Black Betty" to Big Star to Richard Thompson ("Shoot Out the Lights") to Steve Hackett to Dr. John to Neil Young ("Cortez the Killer"). All over the place.

J.A.R. (Just Another Ripoff) is mostly indie stuff, plus older college-rock stuff like Galaxie 500 and The Sidewinders. Among the better tracks are "Young Livers" by Rocket from the Crypt, "Blimps Go 90" by Guided By Voices and "She's Moved On" by Porcupine Tree.

There are dozens of other comps on my hard drive, of course. Anything in particular you hankering for?

-Jar-
09-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey FP...the 70s thing is a mish-mash of nostalgia, from Ram Jam's "Black Betty" to Big Star to Richard Thompson ("Shoot Out the Lights") to Steve Hackett to Dr. John to Neil Young ("Cortez the Killer"). All over the place.

J.A.R. (Just Another Ripoff) is mostly indie stuff, plus older college-rock stuff like Galaxie 500 and The Sidewinders. Among the better tracks are "Young Livers" by Rocket from the Crypt, "Blimps Go 90" by Guided By Voices and "She's Moved On" by Porcupine Tree.

There are dozens of other comps on my hard drive, of course. Anything in particular you hankering for?

I ripped off GBV's "Blimps" from Rae. hhehehe. :-) I'm all about the rip-off.

-jar

Mr MidFi
09-22-2004, 07:43 AM
Jar: That doesn't surprise me a bit, considering the bounty and variety of fabulous stuff you've sent me in the past! BTW, that Rocket From the Crypt song was rocking my world again this morning. Might be my new favorite NAME for a band, too.