Why use XP Service Pk2 if you have XP Serv Pk1 Firewall? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why use XP Service Pk2 if you have XP Serv Pk1 Firewall?

hershon
09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Because of various problems I was having with Internet Security Programs- I didn't know when to accept, not accept, etc, which screwed up my internet surfing, I switched to the free X/P firewall. As far as I know I haven't had any security problems- I don't have any files, just programs on my computer & the only thig I am concerned about it protecting the credit card I use on online transactions & other personal info. I use a free program called "Shields Up" to determine if I'm stealth protected at all my computer ports. My question here is if I already have the XP firewall why would I even need to download SP2 which I won't do anyway out of fear my programs could get screwed up?

sc03979
09-19-2004, 10:26 PM
It supposedly has a pop up blocker for ie, has a security center which might be useful for the novice user, and other things.

Here's a great link http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/features.mspx

I like the pop up blocker and some security concerning web pages. But since these were problems before I switched to mozilla 2 years ago anyways because it is much better as a browser.