Has anyone heard of Silverstein? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of Silverstein?

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2004, 05:00 AM
I received this email from Amazon...

Dear Amazon.ca Customer,

As someone who has purchased In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed & Cambria from us, you might be interested to learn that When Broken Is Easily Fixed by Silverstein is now available. Follow the link below to order your copy today.

When Broken Is Easily Fixed by Silverstein

Silverstein's Victory debut is a jarring mixture of emo's earnest determination, elements of hardcore, and the heaviest of heavy metal. While vocalist Shane Told delivers lines like "How can I say I love you back, you never made me happy" in a cracked, soaring singing voice, "When Broken Is Easily Fixed" actually begins with a ragged scream that's as arresting as his singing is plaintive. Musically, the LP is dominated by the dynamic shifts and driving melodies of emo. But Silverstein's membership was derived from existing hardcore, metal, and punk squads, and these influences are never very far from view. "When Broken Is Easily Fixed" is a rousing, cathartic record that effectively blurs the lines between emo, hardcore, and metal. It drags the listener behind the car on an emotional roller coaster that teeters on rotting wood. For your own safety, keep your hands and arms away from the stereo at all times.

Finch Platte
09-18-2004, 05:22 AM
Emo. It took me about 5 months to get totally sick of emo vocals. Some of the music is really cool, then the singer starts singing in the same whiney, affected, simulated cookie monster fashion that 1,233,798 other guys in emo bands do.

Case in point- cool tunes, same old emo vocals: http://www.purevolume.com/lostinvex

fp

ForeverAutumn
09-18-2004, 06:53 AM
Emo. It took me about 5 months to get totally sick of emo vocals. Some of the music is really cool, then the singer starts singing in the same whiney, affected, simulated cookie monster fashion that 1,233,798 other guys in emo bands do.

Case in point- cool tunes, same old emo vocals: http://www.purevolume.com/lostinvex

fp

This Lost In Vex band could be awesome if they changed their vocal style! The music is really good. The vocals are boring. They need to add more dimension to the vocals. I could see them going towards prog-metal or post-grunge. Either way, I think that they would be far more interesting to listen to. Some-one should tell them.