New Dream Theater DVD In 5.1??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Dream Theater DVD In 5.1???

kexodusc
09-17-2004, 05:14 AM
The only beef I had with the absolutely amazing Metropolis 2000 DVD was the fact there was no 5.1 or DTS offered.

C'mon DT, "welcome to the new millenium", remember that one?
Anyway, does anyone know if the Budokan DVD is offered in a 5.1 format?

MasterCylinder
09-17-2004, 09:02 AM
kexo...........

I have no idea about the 5.1 format.........and I have already pre-ordered this DVD.

I own Metropolis 2000 and, like you, was disappointed to find that it was in plain dolby......in addition, the volume level is insanely low.

I bought IMAGES AND WORDS LIVE IN TOKYO recently and it is in the 5.1 format and at a higher level.

I have looked at all the web pages I know of and cannot find any info on the formatting of the new release.

kexodusc
09-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Really? Images and Words Live In Tokyo is in 5.1? Is that the DVD that's doubled up with 5 Years in a Livetime or whatever? I passed over the VHS after listening to it...might have to check that out.

Luis31
09-17-2004, 09:40 AM
kexo...........

I have no idea about the 5.1 format.........and I have already pre-ordered this DVD.

I own Metropolis 2000 and, like you, was disappointed to find that it was in plain dolby......in addition, the volume level is insanely low.

I bought IMAGES AND WORDS LIVE IN TOKYO recently and it is in the 5.1 format and at a higher level.

I have looked at all the web pages I know of and cannot find any info on the formatting of the new release.

If that's the case (haven't seen the "Images & Words" DVD, yet...) then, there's a pretty good chance the "Live at the Budokan" DVD will be "5.1". I've heard the Budokan is one of the "premier" venues to record live performances due to its great acoustics.

Maybe we'll be getting the "ultimate" DT live dvd we'd hope for...

MasterCylinder
09-21-2004, 11:28 AM
I found this on the DREAM THEATER web page:

Set List

Train of Thought World Tour - Asian Leg
4/26/2004 Tokyo, Japan

(previous show) (return to list of shows) (next show)

Venue: Budokan Hall
Other Act(s): no other acts

Set List:
band history video (intro tape)
1. As I Am
2. This Dying Soul
3. Beyond This Life (w/ extended improv section)
4. Hollow Years (w/ extended guitar solo)
5. War Inside My Head
6. The Test That Stumped Them All
7. Endless Sacrifice
8. Instrumedley
9. Trial of Tears
~~~intermission~~~
10. New Millennium
11. keyboard solo
12. Only a Matter of Time
13. Goodnight Kiss
14. Solitary Shell
15. Stream of Consciousness
16. Disappear
17. Pull Me Under
~~~encore~~~
18. In the Name of God

Vocals: James LaBrie
Guitar: John Petrucci
Keyboards: Jordan Rudess
Bass: John Myung
Drums: Mike Portnoy

Notes: This show was recorded for release on DVD.