Thanks for whoever put me onto Sun Kil Moon [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for whoever put me onto Sun Kil Moon

-Jar-
12-09-2003, 07:03 AM
It was on a thread a few days ago - anyway picked up the album last night and what a great album.

It's a late late contender for album of the year in my books, just quality music throughout. For those who don't know it's mainly acoustic and vocals with a few uptempo numbers. References to 70's Neil Young are obvious but this album has a quality all of its own. It's the sort of album which sadly will go relatively un-noticed by the mainstream.

Cheers
Mike

Being a big Red House Painters fan, I'm dying to hear this..

Have you heard much RHP Mike?

-jar

Mike
12-09-2003, 07:05 AM
It was on a thread a few days ago - anyway picked up the album last night and what a great album.

It's a late late contender for album of the year in my books, just quality music throughout. For those who don't know it's mainly acoustic and vocals with a few uptempo numbers. References to 70's Neil Young are obvious but this album has a quality all of its own. It's the sort of album which sadly will go relatively un-noticed by the mainstream.

Cheers
Mike

audiobill
12-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Hey, Mike.

Glad you are enjoying it as much as I am.

I posted something a couple of weeks ago, when I first purchased it.

Agreed -- definitely, top ten of 2003

Let us know what you think after you've spent a few weeks with it.

Cheers,

Bill aka audiobill ;)

-Jar-
12-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey, Mike.

Glad you are enjoying it as much as I am.

I posted something a couple of weeks ago, when I first purchased it.

Agreed -- definitely, top ten of 2003

Let us know what you think after you've spent a few weeks with it.

Cheers,

Bill aka audiobill ;)

hey Bill did you get my email about a trade? :)

-jar-

tentoze
12-09-2003, 08:01 AM

Cheers
Mike

Audiobill was definitely in first on SKM a couple of weeks ago. I chimed in last week when mine came in the mail, and then on the Best of '03 thread, since it made my list as a late-comer - it is a GREAT album!.

Mike
12-09-2003, 08:44 AM
Being a big Red House Painters fan, I'm dying to hear this..

Have you heard much RHP Mike?

-jar

Funnily enough the only stuff I really know is from your comp Sonic Confections, I've had some on a wishlist for ages but never got around to buying any - you know what it's like something always crops up.

Do I smell a trade? let me know,

Cheers
Mike

-Jar-
12-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Funnily enough the only stuff I really know is from your comp Sonic Confections, I've had some on a wishlist for ages but never got around to buying any - you know what it's like something always crops up.

Do I smell a trade? let me know,

Cheers
Mike

good lord, Sonic Confections was one of my first comps. I can't remember what the last comp was I sent you.. I know I have a lot of Mike comps! I'll send you an email after work. I just finished a comp you might like, though I'm also working out my 2003 mix..

-jar-

Jim Clark
12-09-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm also working out my 2003 mix..

-jar-

Excuse me sir, can you tell me where the line starts for pre-orders?

jc