Anybody heard Spock's Beard - Feel Euphoria? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard Spock's Beard - Feel Euphoria?

kexodusc
09-15-2004, 08:05 AM
Never did check this out...is it any good?
I own Snow and V...not bad...not revolutionary...any recommendations where to go next?

Troy
09-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Feel Euphoria is ok. Nothing too spectacular. They REALLY miss Neil Morse's uncanny melodic sense.

You gotta go with the first 3 albums. I think they peaked on "Kindness of Strangers" which is one of the best pop-prog albums I've ever heard. By the time they did" Day for Night" they were repeating themselves. And "V" is as innovative as it's name.

When Morse left to "walk the earth like Caine in Kung Fu" and blather earnestly about his religeon, I found that "Snow" became unlistenable. It was almost unlistenable before that . . .

Dave_G
09-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Spocks Beard is one of the few rock bands that I really don't enjoy. Something about their sound and style, and Neil Morse, turns me away from them.

I have bought all of their cd's except for the live one(s) though, trying to get into them.

Troy first turned me onto this band with a komp.

Feel Euphoira sounds just like their other albums except they have a different singer.

Cool artwork on the cover, though. THAT part I like.

Dave

kexodusc
09-15-2004, 09:05 AM
Yeah, these guys and The Flower Kings have always been in the "I'll get to them someday" list for me.
That Neil Morse is something else...I liked him before he went all Madonna on us...

Javier
09-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Fell euphoria has been a one spin for me but i really dig their first five specially beware of darkness and kidness of strangers, Neal Morse last solo effort is on wish list based on reviews by BarryL.

kexodusc
09-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Well Javier, I've got to say, you were definitely right when you told me to give Opeth a 2nd chance...I am getting past the goofy growling vocals and I love Damnation and Deliverance...Blackwater Park's in the mail...

Dusty Chalk
09-15-2004, 05:48 PM
I didn't like it as much as Snow -- I really thought Snow was a high-water mark for them, but I do like it quite a bit.

But then again, everything before Snow kind of blends together for me -- I only got into them fairly recently, and made the mistake of buying all their disks at once.