Help with 6.1 home theater!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with 6.1 home theater!!!!

kolombiano333
09-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Hello Hello

I have an Onkyo HTS 770. It is has Dolby Pro Logic IIx and DTS ES. However, when I play the THX audio tests in the menu on Starwars Episode 2 and Finding Nemo, the back surround speakers (LS, RS, BS) do not match the diagram on the screen.The speakers are set up correctly it simply plays one tone for all of the back speakers instead of playing an individual tone for each speaker as they show up on screen.

I have read that this happens because with Dolby Prologic the back surround speakers are mono or because the Onkyo receiver is not THX certified. Does the receiver still separate the speakers during the movie even though the back speakers do not match diagram on the audio test? Is there a way to "go around" this? Can I use another decoder on my back surround speaker to turn it into two speakers to make it sound like a 7.1?

I would appreciate it if somebody tells me what is happening. Thanks.

hifimaster
09-14-2004, 09:25 AM
THX certification has nothing to do with it.

My guess is you need to access the DVD player set-up menu. Under the audio settings, be sure the audio output is set to "bitstream" or "Dolby Digital/dts" and NOT set to "PCM".

Good luck,
James

kolombiano333
09-14-2004, 07:32 PM
THX certification has nothing to do with it.

My guess is you need to access the DVD player set-up menu. Under the audio settings, be sure the audio output is set to "bitstream" or "Dolby Digital/dts" and NOT set to "PCM".

Good luck,
James

Thanks for the help James.

GOT IT!! I looked at the set up on the dvd player and it was on PCM.