Velodyne subwoofer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Velodyne subwoofer

jamison
09-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Is this subwoofer any good ? I own a HGS18 now the specs look pretty good, but visually it doesnt look that great. any opinions?

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/specs/DD_1812_Sign.html

Geoffcin
09-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Is this subwoofer any good ? I own a HGS18 now the specs look pretty good, but visually it doesnt look that great. any opinions?

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/specs/DD_1812_Sign.html

This is Velodyne's statement sub. It just doesn't get any better than this. That is if you got $15k to drop on one.

N. Abstentia
09-12-2004, 01:41 PM

Nope. It's no good. Velodyne designed it to sound bad then made it their flagship model and priced it to be one of the most expensive subs on the market. I'm sure that if it were painted black it would sound much better.

Here's your sign....

ToddB
09-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Nope. It's no good. Velodyne designed it to sound bad then made it their flagship model and priced it to be one of the most expensive subs on the market. I'm sure that if it were painted black it would sound much better.

Here's your sign....

N. Absentia, I get your point, but I don't really think that was the kind of contribution jamison was looking for. There's already been one complaint about your post, so try and tone down the sarcasm.

Besides, black IS one of available finishes. ;)

BTW, the quote in your post was broken, so I fixed it.

N. Abstentia
09-13-2004, 06:23 AM
Ask a stupid question.....I assume you know the rest.

jamison
09-13-2004, 06:42 AM
The only stupid question is the one that doesnt get asked. does anyone actually own this sub?

ToddB
09-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Ask a stupid question.....I assume you know the rest.

C'mon, give the guy a break. What I assume is that he meant relative to other subs in it's performance or :eek: price category, how people thought it compared. Is it's sound more apt to crack drywall than his HGS18, for example. :)

Geoffcin
09-13-2004, 02:09 PM
The only stupid question is the one that doesnt get asked. does anyone actually own this sub?

But the chances are slim that any of them are posting here. Yes, it would be nice to be able to generate a 10hz wave with .05% distortion, but I for one could think of a few things that I could spend $15k on, and still be happy with the subs that I currently own.

Oh, by the way, we have the same TV.