Streem HT-808 or Fluance SX-HTB? I cant decide. Help would be greatly appreciated. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Streem HT-808 or Fluance SX-HTB? I cant decide. Help would be greatly appreciated.

adam
09-12-2004, 09:19 AM
I am looking for a nice set of surround sound speakers at an affordable price. I prefer the mains to be floor standing. These speakers will be for my bedroom. It is a smaller to medium sized room. I will mostly be listening to music on these speakers but will also watch the occasional DVD. I am just a casual listener but I really appreciate and love the sound of a nice surround sound system. I have done a lot of research on the internet and so far my two top choices are the Fluance SX-HTB system and the Streem HT-808. Are one of these two systems good for me or is there something better out there? I would really appreciate any help or advice on making this decision.

Thank you,
Adam

Geoffcin
09-12-2004, 01:22 PM
I am looking for a nice set of surround sound speakers at an affordable price. I prefer the mains to be floor standing. These speakers will be for my bedroom. It is a smaller to medium sized room. I will mostly be listening to music on these speakers but will also watch the occasional DVD. I am just a casual listener but I really appreciate and love the sound of a nice surround sound system. I have done a lot of research on the internet and so far my two top choices are the Fluance SX-HTB system and the Streem HT-808. Are one of these two systems good for me or is there something better out there? I would really appreciate any help or advice on making this decision.

Thank you,
Adam

Please be more specific about your budget. I've never heard any of the speakers you've mentioned, but I'm sure I can come up with a few suggestions in your price range.

adam
09-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Please be more specific about your budget. I've never heard any of the speakers you've mentioned, but I'm sure I can come up with a few suggestions in your price range.

Im thinking under 600 hundred. maybe a little over but not much.

HokieVT
09-13-2004, 07:02 AM
I've never heard the Streem but I have the SX-HTB and they sound great for the money. You won't find anything near them in the price range. The only real drawback is the weak center-channel.

butterbrain
09-13-2004, 08:15 AM
hey adam

i'd say that Streem HT808 package would be a little much for a small to medium sized bedroom. they are quite large and have no problem filling up very large spaces.

if you are looking for some floor standers i'd suggest the streem HT33 package. they are smaller than the HT808's and if they sound half as good as the HT808 package they'd be amazing. there are some very positive reviews on the HT33's here on AudioReview.com.

http://www.streemspeakers.com/ht-33.asp

happy searching!

adam
09-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Thank you guys for the advice. :)