College FB Season can begin tomorrow! Where u at JD!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : College FB Season can begin tomorrow! Where u at JD!!!

Kam
09-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Finally, haven't heard of another postponement, so my 'Canes can take the field!! What do you say JD? How do you think your 'Vols are gonna do? offense looked good putting up 42 on UNLV with a true freshman QB no less. Big step next week, hosting the Gators.

Winner of tomorrow's game i think has the inside track to the BCS title. I've read some places picking West Virginia to go all the way, and while yes they have a joke schedule now that miami is out of the big east, still... wvu? just doesn't seem right. but, they'll prolly get the Big East's BCS bid, which means one of the big games at least.
Anywho, here are my pics and sleeps for this week:

Gimme:
Miami v. FSU - does anyone really think i'm gonna pick against my 'Canes?

LSU v. Arkansas State - So they've had their wake up call, LSU will show up to play, but someone is gonna catch them good down the line. Could be FL.

Mich v. ND - i just can't pick the Irish... some fueds never die, even though we haven't played them since the Catholics vs. Convicts days... still... hope Mich crushes them.

UPSET ALERTS:
TX v. Arkansas - i'll prolly eat my words here, but am thinking this is the first big shake in the college football season. either that, or TX will crush them with that ridiculous running attack. how's that for playing both sides of the fence?

Missou v. Troy - Troy has something to prove... always beware the team that has something to prove, and was embarrassed by Missou at Missou in 2002.

OSU v. Boise State - BS could knock them off if OSU is still thinking of the "what if's" from last week. make or break game for OSU's focus here.

GO 'CANES!!!!!
peace
k2

topspeed
09-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Nice game Kam, your guys deserved to win. Thank God Rix doesn't play for 'SC because I'd be forced to shoot him. That guy is horrible! Worst mechanics I've seen for a quarterback at a big time program like State. How many times did he throw off his back foot?? No pocket presence whatsoever. It was a defensive game anyway but really, I couldn't tell if the defenses were that good or if the quarterbacks were that bad. No offense, but Berlin didn't exactly instill a lot of confidence either (although he was markedly better than Rix).

Anyway, nice win. The 'Canes may have only won by 6 but they pretty well dominated the 'Noles.

dean_martin
09-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Missou v. Troy - Troy has something to prove... always beware the team that has something to prove, and was embarrassed by Missou at Missou in 2002.

OSU v. Boise State - BS could knock them off if OSU is still thinking of the "what if's" from last week. make or break game for OSU's focus here.

GO 'CANES!!!!!
peace
k2

Two great calls. What a prognosticator!!! Your 'Canes really turned it on at the end and Rix just crumbled under the pressure.

A couple of notes on Troy: They've always had an excellent music program and they're marching band The Sound of the South is one of the best in the country, IMO. They were featured in an ESPN band/spirit competition last year. The band recruits rural Alabama schools very well. My son's high school band participates in Troy's Band Day every year. 20 to 30 high school bands are invited to a home game to participate in the half-time show. The field is packed from end zone to end zone and the sound pins you back in your seat!

BTW, do you pick the NFL too?

Kam
09-11-2004, 10:09 AM
unfortunately don't follow nfl teams anymore, since my team (the bengals) haven't been too impressive since... hmmm... about a decade and a half, so just follow the 'cane players all over the league. plus, nfl just isn't as exciting to me as ncaa, just love the atmosphere and feel and ambiance of college football, especially since going to UM and being a part of the crowd at Wide Right II, the best event i've ever been at!

now just gotta see if my third upset comes through! texas will be revenge minded after last years loss in austin BUT... arkansas is at home and all they need is to shut down the running attack early, get mack brown out of his gameplane, but that's a HUGE "all they need".

i almost feel sorry for rix, 0-5 and 4 turnovers in this final meeting... self destructing at the end, fumbling a snap on the final play... but... he's still a seminole. :) (the other fsu is going to town on ksu, might put up a half century on the wildcats if they don't adjust, another upset in the making!)

go 'canes!
peace
k2

Kam
09-12-2004, 10:27 PM
2-3 on my gimme's, i just knew those damn irish would upset michigan, i just can't pick them (another reason why im glad i dont gamble).

2-3 on my upsets, why did he have to fumble!!!??? just fal down, kick the field goal and upset texas!!! argh! what a game though.

more college talk next week!

peace
Go 'Canes!
k2