Big center channel sound needed in small space help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Big center channel sound needed in small space help

skclarey
09-07-2004, 05:57 PM
I had to sell my Martin Logan Logos center, move for work forces one year in Apratment, any recommendation to go along with my Sunfire Cinema Grand amp and Theather Grand II Pre-Amp

I have looked at the HTM2 B&W any thoughts are appreciated

N. Abstentia
09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
What are your other speakers? You'll want something that timbre matches with them.

skclarey
09-07-2004, 07:15 PM
What are your other speakers? You'll want something that timbre matches with them.

Good point m I am selling my SL-3's as well so I need all 3 front (and eventually all 5)

I am keeping my Sunfire Signature Sub

N. Abstentia
09-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Well I suggest you buy them as a package for sure. You'll probably just have to shop around and see what's available in your area. Definitely look into the usual suspects...Paradigm, B&W, PSB, Totem, etc....what's your budget like?

skclarey
09-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Well I suggest you buy them as a package for sure. You'll probably just have to shop around and see what's available in your area. Definitely look into the usual suspects...Paradigm, B&W, PSB, Totem, etc....what's your budget like?

Probably $1000 - $3000 would like to keep my Sunfire Cinema Grand Amp and Pre Amp

topspeed
09-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Do you want standmounts only for easier travel and placement in the apt.?

skclarey
09-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Do you want standmounts only for easier travel and placement in the apt.?

Speakers with stands to stand by the 50" Sony thanks

JSE
09-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Your taking a 50" Sony bigscreen but not the MLs? If your happy with the MLs just keep them and store them with a friend, relative, me, or somebody. Buy a somewhat cheap package and make due for a year. Why get rid of such nice speakers, especially if your happy with them?

Just some random thoughts.

JSE

N. Abstentia
09-07-2004, 08:09 PM
I guess the next question is...since you sold your other stuff because they were too big, how big is too big now? Would a center with 2 6" drivers be too big?

Geoffcin
09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
I had to sell my Martin Logan Logos center, move for work forces one year in Apratment, any recommendation to go along with my Sunfire Cinema Grand amp and Theather Grand II Pre-Amp

I have looked at the HTM2 B&W any thoughts are appreciated

Def Tech Mythos speaker system. And I'm intregued. It looked like it was both interesting to look at, and great for HT. The reviewer was impressed by it's imaging, coherence when mated with a sub, and lack of mid-bass "hump" that's so often included in speakers with limited bass ability. What turned me on is it's use of planar bass drivers. Look for the review in the October Home Theater.