CRSV-Me [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CRSV-Me

Jim Clark
09-06-2004, 09:11 AM
****Advertisement****

Been a comp lull for a while and I figured I'd step in with Chrisnz and help fill the void. Heavily tuned into 2004 releases but also includes some earlier work that I've been listening to but never got around to comping.

Lots of variation on this, something for most everyone perhaps. Of course this comes at the expense of flow but I figure if it's flow you want you can always flush a toilet. You may be headed in that direction anyway. We've got:

Britpop-Trashcan Sinatras/Starsailor
Rock-Lou Reed, The Mooney Suzuki, The Libertines
Hip Hop-Headset feat. Lady Dragon
Post Punk-Snow Patrol
Punk-Mission Of Burma
Prog(ish)-Secret Machines
Electronic-Lali Puna
Indie-Meow Meow, The Reindeer Section (yes that's three tracks total for Gary Lightbody), Bright Eyes...

All of that plus so much more- if you act now. Operator is standing by.

01. Trashcan Sinatras / Welcome Back
02. Josh Rouse / Suburban Sweetheart
03. Snow Patrol / Wow
04. Modest Mouse / The World At Large
05. Xiu Xiu / I Love the Valley OH!
06. Meow Meow / The Killing Kind
07. Headset / Grasping Claw
08. Lali Puna / Small Things
09. The Reindeer Section / Cartwheels
10. Twilight Babies / Holiday
11. Bright Eyes , Lover I Don't Have To Love
12. Trashcan Sinatras / All The Dark Horses
13. Moonbabies / Crime O' the Moon
14. Mission of Burma / Wounded World
15. The Libertines / The Man Who Would Be King
16. The Mooney Suzuki / Messin' In The Dressin' Room
17. Lou Reed / Blind Rage
18. Secret Machines / The Road Leads Where It's Led
19. Snow Patrol / Chocolate
20. West Indian Girl / Hollywood
21. Starsailor / Music was Saved

jc

Mike
09-06-2004, 09:24 AM
my kind of comp all over the place, a couple of my recent favourite tracks on there which might help to digest the rest.

I've not picked up that new Libertines yet it's on my list but they were good live the other week, although not very talkative they just played their set then cleared off.

You still got my address in York?

Cheers
Mike

chrisnz
09-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi Jim, I'd like one of those too. Same place as always... not that I'm stuck in a rut or anything... sheesh.

Regards, Chris.

audiobill
09-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Several of the new releases I'm interested in are sampled on this interesting comp of yours'.

Libertines, Trashcansinatras, Bright Eyes, and Mooney Suzuki are ones I haven't tasted yet, among several others.

Please forward one, up my way. I don't mind helping with the distribution, here, in Canada.

Way to go, Jim!! 'Bout time someone pulled a comp together.

Cheers,
Bill

JDaniel
09-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey - I'll take one of those please.

And in return, I'll send you a disc I finally got my hands on. It's the last of the Judybats offshoots that I didn't own - The Doubters Club - Fluer de Lisa. Given your past liking of the band (JB), I think you'll like this.

Jeff

Davey
09-09-2004, 09:51 AM
That does look like a pretty cool comp, Jim, even though it blatantly ignores the group comraderie that the CRSV name has always stood for. I think maybe I'll check with Stone to see if any of our Rave Wrecks implied copyrights have been infringed upon!

Hehehe, quite a few interesting sounding artists there that I haven't heard from yet. My check will soon be in the mail so watch your PM box for details of where to address my express delivery. Many thanks in advance (I think http://forums.audioreview.com/images/smilies/confused.gif).

Jim Clark
09-09-2004, 02:27 PM
That does look like a pretty cool comp, Jim, even though it blatantly ignores the group comraderie that the CRSV name has always stood for. I think maybe I'll check with Stone to see if any of our Rave Wrecks implied copyrights have been infringed upon!

Hehehe, quite a few interesting sounding artists there that I haven't heard from yet. My check will soon be in the mail so watch your PM box for details of where to address my express delivery. Many thanks in advance (I think http://forums.audioreview.com/images/smilies/confused.gif).

title was spurred by the apparent death of the series. Maybe a bit premature to sound the death knell just yet but I haven't heard of any rumblings. Pretty much RPM got the comp stuff rolling and his absence is felt on many levels. hope there's something in here for you to like. I'm thinking probably a couple at least.

jc