My first DIY speaker [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My first DIY speaker

erwin_p
09-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi,

Just finished my first DIY speaker. It using PEECREEK x-over. The woofer is still the same with PEECREEK but I change tweeter with SEAS 27TBFC/GTV.

I really like the sound :D especially the tweeter :cool:

poneal
09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Then you coulda had a U-Pee...

erwin_p
09-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Then you coulda had a U-Pee...

Hi,

I don't use usher tweeter because :

1. For 1 usher tweeter I can get 2 seas tweeter
2. I buy everything from Madisound and they not sell usher tweeter

BTW this metal dome from seas is excellent, it have a good micro detail without being bright ;)

FLZapped
09-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Hi,

Just finished my first DIY speaker. It using PEECREEK x-over. The woofer is still the same with PEECREEK but I change tweeter with SEAS 27TBFC/GTV.

I really like the sound :D especially the tweeter :cool:

Nice, job! Have you shown off on the Madisound Forum? -Bruce
:D

kexodusc
09-07-2004, 09:59 AM
So now you have 2 Pee-Seas. :) (okay bit of a stretch)
Man, look what Wayne J's started. Funny, Ed Frias' ar.com DIY speaker (which I'm in the middle of now), following this naming convention, would be the Pee-Pee.

I've got two of the North Creek tweeters I was going to use in PeeCreek, but now I'm thinking about getting the Usher or Morel. 'cept I then I'm stuck with 2 tweeters and I gots me enough projects lined up. And I don't even live in my house yet.

Erwin P, that's a sweet looking speaker, is that the PE 0.38 cu-ft box? Very nice. How's it sound.
Do you have any commercial, brand-name speakers at home you can compare this too?

Good job!

erwin_p
09-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Nice, job! Have you shown off on the Madisound Forum? -Bruce
:D

No, I haven't. I believe on this forum there are more people love ar.com, peecreek than on madisound board :D

erwin_p
09-08-2004, 03:06 PM
So now you have 2 Pee-Seas. :) (okay bit of a stretch)
Man, look what Wayne J's started. Funny, Ed Frias' ar.com DIY speaker (which I'm in the middle of now), following this naming convention, would be the Pee-Pee.

I've got two of the North Creek tweeters I was going to use in PeeCreek, but now I'm thinking about getting the Usher or Morel. 'cept I then I'm stuck with 2 tweeters and I gots me enough projects lined up. And I don't even live in my house yet.

Erwin P, that's a sweet looking speaker, is that the PE 0.38 cu-ft box? Very nice. How's it sound.
Do you have any commercial, brand-name speakers at home you can compare this too?

Good job!

No, It isn't PE 0.38 cuft box ( I live in Indonesia ). I have decent woodworker to make a box for me. It is use 15mm MDF ( can't find 18mm) and layered with 3mm Teak plywood.

This PEE-SEAS :) will replace my wharfedale AT400 on my home theater setup. Compare to this wharfedale ( I bought around 400usd here ) it sound much cleaner, more airy on high and imaging is much better, but loss on bass region ( AT400 have 2 8inch woofer so I can accept that )

For my room (music listening) I have CHARIO ( I bought it around 600 usd ) compare to this maybe I still choose CHARIO for music because It sound different it more warmth, wider soundstage and bass response is good too ( it's only 5 inch woofer )

kexodusc
09-08-2004, 03:47 PM
You're woodworker did a great job by the looks of things. And the finish looks like a nice, soft, satin-black.
What's next for you? 3-way towers? Transmission Line speakers? Sub-woofer (fun to build).

erwin_p
09-08-2004, 03:53 PM
You're woodworker did a great job by the looks of things. And the finish looks like a nice, soft, satin-black.
What's next for you? 3-way towers? Transmission Line speakers? Sub-woofer (fun to build).

Sorry for image quality, I use NOKIA 7610 to take a picture :) the front panel I use rust oleum textured.

My next project is center channel to replace my B&W LCR 3, my plant is using the same tweeter but still looking for shielded woofer.