Attention PORCUPINE TREE fans!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Attention PORCUPINE TREE fans!!

Demetrio
09-05-2004, 06:33 AM
I have just discovered a new Steven Wilson side project that is just awesome: BLACKFIELD. It sounds like Porcupine Tree, and it is great!!

There are mp3 sound and video samples available at Blackfield website, at this link:

http://www.blackfield.org/?s=sound

Best prog wishes,
Demetrio.

N. Abstentia
09-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Geez that guy is a machine. He'd better be saving some of the good stuff for the next Tree album. That Blackfield sounds really good.

Demetrio
09-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Geez that guy is a machine. He'd better be saving some of the good stuff for the next Tree album. That Blackfield sounds really good.

I can't wait for the next Porcupine Tree cd too!!

On a side note, I have just ordered the DVD-Audio of "In Absentia". I think the normal cd is great, and wanted to get the dvd-a version (not only because of the multichannel audio capabilities, but also because it has two bonus tracks that are also awesome).

How I wish there was some Porcupine Tree DVD available soon.... Anyone know anything about this?

Regards,
Demetrio.

N. Abstentia
09-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Please Demetrio, post your thoughts on the Absentia DVD-A when you get it. I want to hear some other opinions on it. You may or may not want to read my review of it on my website www.chuckamuck.com (go to the music section). You might want to not read it until you have actually heard it yourself though.

I haven't heard anything about a Tree DVD, but I can't imagine it would be too far off. Steve Wilson seems to be one busy dude though!

DarrenH
09-05-2004, 02:59 PM
I have just discovered a new Steven Wilson side project that is just awesome: BLACKFIELD. It sounds like Porcupine Tree, and it is great!!

There are mp3 sound and video samples available at Blackfield website, at this link:

http://www.blackfield.org/?s=sound

Best prog wishes,
Demetrio.

I just ordered this CD yesterday from The Burning Shed. I can't wait to get it. I've heard lots of good things.

Darren

Dusty Chalk
09-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the tip, will obtain forthwith.

richmon
09-06-2004, 09:43 AM
How I wish there was some Porcupine Tree DVD available soon.... Anyone know anything about this?

Regards,
Demetrio.

Right after they were signed to Lava/Atlantic (was it 2001?) they did a tour and I caught them at the Theatre of Living Arts in Phila (the tour where they gave away the promo CD).
There were several camera men roaming around the venue filming and I asked the guy selling the Tree merchandise about it. He said they weren't sure what they were going to do with the footage, maybe use it in a video, or maybe for a Live DVD.
I'm hoping they release a DVD, they were really 'on' that night and it would be a dynamite concert video. They also had some professional outfit doing the light show that night, name escapes me, but they were good.

DPM
09-07-2004, 05:19 AM
I had planned on posting a review, but I never got around to it. Basically, it sounds like a mellower version of Stupid Dream era P.T. You have the same layering of sound and the use of acoustic guitars augmented by electric guitars at key moments. Nice recording.

Dave M

MasterCylinder
09-07-2004, 05:23 AM
I've heard this stuff twice and yes, it does sound like a mellow Stupid Dream.