Apologies [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Apologies

Audio Girl
09-05-2004, 01:00 AM
Several of you have responded to my post regarding the requests of Marines in Iraq who were asking for different genres of music (you may remember the thread regarding the cheesey 80s music request). Unfortunately, I have to inform you that one of those Marines was Killed in Action (KIA) during late August. Despite what the media would have you believe, the Marines took some pretty serious hits during August 2004, and that involved some of the very men that I spoke about here. One is in serious condition in CA, and may not ever regain his eyesight (left eye is gone; right eye may have some recovery). I share this only with you so that you do not think that your comps went unanswered and unappreciated. My son ~ who was in Najaf ~ is alive and well by the Grace of God...I will never take the small things for granted ever again. If you have children, forget your freaking careers and spend the time with you kiddos. They will be gone before you know it.

For those in the US, the best way to make your opinion count is to vote. Regardless of the candidate. I hope each of you will participate in this privilege in November.

Mary H.
Proud Marine Mother of LCPL Ryan
11th MEU ~ Deployed to Iraq
05/27/2004
Ryan, your Mom misses you so much :-(

Chip_B
09-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Several of you have responded to my post regarding the requests of Marines in Iraq who were asking for different genres of music (you may remember the thread regarding the cheesey 80s music request). Unfortunately, I have to inform you that one of those Marines was Killed in Action (KIA) during late August. Despite what the media would have you believe, the Marines took some pretty serious hits during August 2004, and that involved some of the very men that I spoke about here. One is in serious condition in CA, and may not ever regain his eyesight (left eye is gone; right eye may have some recovery). I share this only with you so that you do not think that your comps went unanswered and unappreciated. My son ~ who was in Najaf ~ is alive and well by the Grace of God...I will never take the small things for granted ever again. If you have children, forget your freaking careers and spend the time with you kiddos. They will be gone before you know it.

For those in the US, the best way to make your opinion count is to vote. Regardless of the candidate. I hope each of you will participate in this privilege in November.

Mary H.
Proud Marine Mother of LCPL Ryan
11th MEU ~ Deployed to Iraq
05/27/2004
Ryan, your Mom misses you so much :-(
Mary, I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to those young Marines. I'll keep you and your son in my prayers.

-Chip