Home Theater in the $1000 range [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater in the $1000 range

Solsys
12-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Hello,

Looking to put together a new Home theater system for around $1000 plus or minus a hundred or two. Since I'm kinda limited in finances, I'd like to keep the system as modular as possible so I can swap out components as budget allows.

I currently have a RCA 52" HDTV with component, S-Video and DVI inputs and a HDTV ready Cablebox with optical out for the audio. Looking for recomendations for a 5.1 Amp/Reciever, Progressive Scan DVD(preferably with 5+ disc changer) and decent speakers (size isn't really an issue here, our current front speakers are 3' tall...)

Main uses for this will be DVD and TV watching, and the occasional CD set playing during chores. Video inputs on the amp really arent required since we already connect the Cable and DVD directly to the TV.

The person financing this is kinda partial to Pioneer, so that would be a plus.

Thanks

TinHere
12-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Ok. Check out the ELT's at AV123.com bundled with a Denon 1804 for $1250. A Pioneer 563A DVD player which can be found for under $200 that plays both SACD and DVD-Audio w/progressive scan. This will make for a real bang for the buck system that will be tough to beat if you even can buying new. People are loving the ELT's for the price.

Here's a link to the ELT's:

http://www.av123.com/products_category_brand.php?section=speakers&brand=13

And here's a link that tells about the bundle package:

http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1097

Happy hunting.

nick4433
12-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Here would be my suggestion to a sweet sounding HT/music system

Receiver: Denon AVR-3803 ($649 shipped from 6th Ave.)

Speakers ( PSB for $739 from DMC-Electronics, CA)
Front: Alpha B
Center: Alpha C
Surrounds: Alpha Intro LR
Subwoofer: Alpha Subsonic 5

Now I believe DMC electronics might lower the price and bring it closer to your budget but I believe you will be getting quality components instead of some run of the mill brands out there. I have personally heard this combo and it sounds great for movies and music.