Axiom M80s vs Polk Audio RTi12 floorstanding speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Axiom M80s vs Polk Audio RTi12 floorstanding speakers

rajx7
09-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Hi,
Has anybody got a good comaprison for above mentioned speakers. I have had a chance to hear to RTi12s and they sound great and look nice too. But so far never got a chance to hear tp Axioms but always read good reviews. So if anyone had the pleasure to compare both, I would really appreciate your comments. Movies are the primary function for my home theater.
Thanks,
rajx7

RuiDO
11-02-2004, 07:15 AM
RTi12 (?).

N. Abstentia
11-02-2004, 07:53 AM
I would compare them to Paradigm, B&W, PSB, Totem..etc..before buying Polk. I'm not much of a fan of the newer 'mass market' Polks. You might even do better with Athena from Best Buy.

PAT.P
11-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi,
Has anybody got a good comaprison for above mentioned speakers. I have had a chance to hear to RTi12s and they sound great and look nice too. But so far never got a chance to hear tp Axioms but always read good reviews. So if anyone had the pleasure to compare both, I would really appreciate your comments. Movies are the primary function for my home theater.
Thanks,
rajx7
Is this to upgrade or add to your system? Notice you are running some Athena .,if your looking at the Axiom M80ti they are 4 ohm and the Polk are 8ohm .Can your receiver handle different ohm ? Pat .P