Tascam cassette decks, are they good???? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tascam cassette decks, are they good????

labbe
09-02-2004, 11:58 PM
I would like to open discussion on this important topic, as I didn't find any Tascam, audiophile users in the net.

I hesitate. Should I buy brand new Tascam, like 130 modele with 3 head and many functions, or I should focus on vintage high end Nak, Teac, Revox...???

If you have any experiences, please share with me.

Thank you,

tomas labbe
:confused:

FLZapped
09-07-2004, 07:02 AM
I would like to open discussion on this important topic, as I didn't find any Tascam, audiophile users in the net.

I hesitate. Should I buy brand new Tascam, like 130 modele with 3 head and many functions, or I should focus on vintage high end Nak, Teac, Revox...???

If you have any experiences, please share with me.

Thank you,

tomas labbe
:confused:

I use a Tascam weekly, actually, a 102 mkII....the solinoids are a bit loud, but the deck works well. I suppose if you can maintain an older unit, it would be fine, but make sure you can get replacement parts, especially belts first. Also, make sure you can get a good look at the heads for abrasive wear problems before plunking down your money.

-Bruce

jt1stcav
09-21-2004, 07:03 PM
I love the Nakamichis (owned the DRAGON, BX-1, BX-125, DR-2, and now the DR-1). But classic Nakamichi decks like the 1000, 680ZX, and other '70 and early '80 models may need repairs, and finding parts may be hard to come by. Buying a Tascam does present the opportunity of using their extensive pro network, parts are readily available, and they're all proven to be reliable in the many recording studios that still use them today.