Eric PLEASE fix the "search" on this site... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eric PLEASE fix the "search" on this site...

Number9
08-31-2004, 10:42 AM
I hardly visit A/R anymore because the "search" does'nt work. Thank you, Michael

ericl
08-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Could you tell me specifically what problems you have? Because sometimes I have problems with it, other times it works fine for me.

Thanks,
ERic

Number9
09-02-2004, 04:18 AM
AudioReview Forums > General > Site Feedback/Discussion
searching
Welcome, Number9.
You last visited: 08-31-2004 at 04:19 PM

07-27-2004, 03:29 PM #1
pwh03
AR Junior Member
Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been a member here for a while but I don't post all that much and sometimes I'll go for long stints without reading new threads. When I come back and have a question or to I usually try to serach for an answer in a past threat as some questions are often quite repetative. However, the 4 letter limit causes a lot of problems when searchingterms like

sub
cd
dvd
some brand names; hsu svs
and I'm sure there are plenty more. If there was a way to change this I think people could get a lot of their answers faster and without having to post and then have someone right the same thing they wrote earlier.

any chance of this being fixed

(if there was a way to allow some 3 and letter words that would be perfect)
Offline Report this Post | Reply to this Post | Quick Reply

pwh03
View Public Profile
Send a private message to pwh03
Find More Posts by pwh03
Add pwh03 to Your Buddy List

08-09-2004, 02:13 AM #2
ToddB
Veg-O-Matic
Product Master

Posts: 180 I agree with your complaint. I've seen other sites that use this BBS software which also have the four letter limit, so I assume it's a default that's intended to not tax the servers as much when doing searches. But I'll check and see if anything can be done about lowering it here.
Offline Report this Post | Reply to this Post | Quick Reply

ToddB
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ToddB
Send email to ToddB
Find More Posts by ToddB
Add ToddB to Your Buddy List

08-28-2004, 08:13 PM #3
laspino
AR Newbie
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ToddB
I agree with your complaint. I've seen other sites that use this BBS software which also have the four letter limit, so I assume it's a default that's intended to not tax the servers as much when doing searches. But I'll check and see if anything can be done about lowering it here.

Good move. Thanks.

Number9
09-02-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi Eric, The other day I tried to search for the Rotel RCD-1072 CD player in the Digital Forum. All I got was the message that my search was too short (under 4 words), so I typed Rotel 20 times & I still got the message wa sunder 4 words. Thanks, Michael