So...y'all know there's a new Bjork album, neh? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So...y'all know there's a new Bjork album, neh?

Dusty Chalk
08-31-2004, 06:27 AM
Discuss.

Any other new releases y'all are excited about?

nobody
08-31-2004, 06:44 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably pick it up this weekend if I get a chance to do some record shopping.

Anyone heard anything on it yet?

Davey
08-31-2004, 07:37 AM
From all I've read it could pretty much be described as a capella Bjork & friends (or as Troy might say, the sound of unaccompanied cats in a bag being hit with a hammer ;)). Haven't heard any of it though and don't know how up I am for something like that myself. It's available on DVD-A and SACD and vinyl too.....that is, unless you shop in the good old USA which only offers a CD now with a DVD-A in the future. I know many audiophile fans are getting their hi-rez Bjork fix from the UK or Japan where it's available in a variety of formats. Saw the CD advertised in the Sunday ads for $11.99.

Probably pick up the new Libertines CD myself. Under $10 in those same ads. Been looking forward quite a while to this one.

Javier
08-31-2004, 09:26 AM
And i'll pick one of the hi-rez versions the first that come into my sigth.

DarrenH
08-31-2004, 09:28 AM
A couple of years ago I was in a music store where they had a bunch CD players hooked up with headphones plugged in and featured CD's for preview. One of the featured CD's Bjork's 2002 Greatest Hits release. So, wanting to investigate the music of Bjork, I put on the headphones and hit the play button. Jeepers, you guys like this more power too ya but I found this to be just awful. And if that was her Greatest Hits I guess there's no reason to delve any deeper.

Looking forward to Gov't Mule's new release Deja Voodoo coming September 14th (I believe). It's been pre-ordered.
Chain has a new release coming in September as well. Always nice to hear something new from Henning Pauly.
Word is, the new Porcupine Tree CD will be released in January of next year.

Darren

Dave_G
08-31-2004, 09:59 AM
I bought the new 2 disc set by Ayreon the other day, it's very plain stuff but it was only 15 beans but I guess if I don't dig it then it's a waste of 15 beans, eh?

I also bought Deep Purples remaster of "In Rock". It was only 13 clams. Very dated sounding stuff but okay I guess.

Dave

Mr MidFi
08-31-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm looking forward to the new REM release for 3 reasons:
1. I'm a big fanboy from way, way back.
2. Their last one, Reveal, was pretty good.
3. I've got tickets to see them at Chicago's Auditorium Theater in October.

Dusty Chalk
09-06-2004, 05:58 PM
OMG, this is so good. It reminds me quite a bit of Todd Rundgren's A Cappella. Track 3, in particular, rocks my world. And there are elements of alienware at points.

I am definitely picking this up on high-res.

shaemus
09-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm definitely a Bjork fan and though I haven't yet heard this album I'm definitely interested. She's usually great for some fresh sounds. Your recommendation is appreciated Dusty.

Mike
09-07-2004, 01:33 AM
I'll probably pick it up sometime but not until I've heard some samples first. But anybody spot that new Twilight Singers - She Loves You, it's a covers album which features a Bjork track - sounds interesting.

Another one for me to look out for is Ed Harcourt - Strangers which is due soon, his last did nothing for me but his debut I like so much I guess I'll give him another chance.

Cheers
Mike