Okay, now where's DLD, Davey, Swishy Baby, Audiogirl. Darius, J... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Okay, now where's DLD, Davey, Swishy Baby, Audiogirl. Darius, J...

Snowbunny
11-13-2003, 11:32 AM
and all the other regulars from the old site?

Heheh... Dusty was right. There is only a thumbs down icon! Guess they were expecting us old-timers to be whiney.

Smilies! Not just for 12-year old girls...

Snowbunny
11-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Oh, can we not just post a subject line with no inside message?

Snowbunny
11-13-2003, 12:11 PM
I cannot believe my luck, Trixter. The dog ate the new Fun with K! Can you believe it?

Dusty Chalk
11-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Oh, can we not just post a subject line with no inside message?You can, but what you cannot do is write "(nt)" in the subject line, and only have some people read it. Subject lines, other than the original post, are pretty much moot points with this format. Kinda sucks. I enjoy those whole sexual innuendo double entendres subject lines, or the ones where the subject lines would be one conversation, and the bodies of the messages would be almost the exact opposites.

Oh, well...

Swish
11-15-2003, 01:59 PM

Heheh... Dusty was right. There is only a thumbs down icon! Guess they were expecting us old-timers to be whiney.

Ok, I guess this is how I reply. Not sure if you got my private message, which I sent <i>only</i> because this new POS wouldn't let me post. Anyway, I just wondered if you got my comp with the hastily, thus sloppily, written note.

Dusty Chalk
11-15-2003, 09:23 PM
That's one way. You can also click the orange Post Reply button on the left at the top and the bottom of the thread.

Use square brackets instead of angle brackets for HTML.

Swish
11-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Since there's no edit feature, I wasn't able to go back and check my response. This will certainly take some getting used to. Thanks for the heads-up.

No message.

Swish
11-16-2003, 03:51 PM
That's one way. You can also click the orange Post Reply button on the left at the top and the bottom of the thread.

Use square brackets instead of angle brackets for HTML.

Since there's no edit feature, I wasn't able to go back and check my response. This will certainly take some getting used to. Thanks for the heads-up.

DarrenH
11-16-2003, 05:57 PM

There is an edit feature. Just below your post is says "edit/delete".

Now how about that.

Simplicity in the making.

How's about them Lions this weekend. Them Hoosiers were easy meat. But then again, Indiana has been everybodys main course this year. ;)

Darren

Snowbunny
11-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Ok, I guess this is how I reply. Not sure if you got my private message, which I sent <i>only</i> because this new POS wouldn't let me post. Anyway, I just wondered if you got my comp with the hastily, thus sloppily, written note.

Glad to see you made it in! I did get an email from the forum saying that you had sent me a PM, but then it said it would tell me more once I logged back onto Rave Recs....

Did I miss something good?

Snowie

Snowbunny
11-17-2003, 09:55 PM
You can, but what you cannot do is write "(nt)" in the subject line, and only have some people read it. Subject lines, other than the original post, are pretty much moot points with this format. Kinda sucks. I enjoy those whole sexual innuendo double entendres subject lines, or the ones where the subject lines would be one conversation, and the bodies of the messages would be almost the exact opposites.

Oh, well...

Yeah, I'm going to miss those witty subject lines. I do like this format though. Its a lot easier to keep track of threads you posted in with the little dots.

I love your avatar, Dusty! I'm going to try and upload one tonight. And how do I get a smiley in the text, not just in the subject line???

Snowb (pronounced Snowb, just like the band The Strawbs...) ;-)

DariusNYC
11-18-2003, 06:18 PM
OK, I'm finally in. And, for the moment, I can think of absolutely nothing to say.

tentoze
11-18-2003, 08:46 PM
OK, I'm finally in. And, for the moment, I can think of absolutely nothing to say.

Succint and cogent, as ever. Welcome back, DariusNYC.............

dld
11-20-2003, 09:28 AM
At best I'm irregular, and really, an irregular irregular

Davey.
11-20-2003, 09:29 AM
At best I'm irregular
Happens to all of us so don't think we aren't sympathetic. Usually a big bowl of bran flakes or a generous helping of spicy chili & beans will get me back on the schedule ;)

Nice to see you here, even at irregular intervals.

tentoze
11-20-2003, 10:14 AM

Try orange-flavored Metamucil- Tang with sawdust.

:D

dld
11-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Try orange-flavored Metamucil- Tang with sawdust.
Take that Orange Meta ever night. Thats my dessert. Kinda sweet tasting

I don't know ****e about this new technology. Avatar Smavatar. Barry White on the Simpsons. Gotta go.

:D

I'd like to own a squadron of tanks.

Snowbunny
11-20-2003, 05:27 PM

I see you still haven't quite mastered the chapter on punctuation, eh? No problem, as long as you gots rabbits to sell, who needs English skills. ;)

Good to see you back.

Crystal Honey :)

Audio Girl
11-23-2003, 08:07 AM
I just heard about the format changes at RR. Hmmmm....don't know whether I like it or not. My old information still allowed me to register so I didn't have to go through that whole process again. Hope everyone is doing well and gonna have a great Turkey Day.

Mary

P.S. Isn't it time for Dave's annual Turkey Time comp series? ;-)

Davey.
11-23-2003, 10:35 AM
P.S. Isn't it time for Dave's annual Turkey Time comp series? ;-)

Hey, glad you made it to the "new" place with no problem. Some of us had a much harder time getting here, but looks like most of the regulars have made the trip now. I am doing a year-end comp, although it'll be a little later this year, maybe a couple more weeks, but I'll send you one when it's ready. I thought I would just send out a few as musical Christmas cards this year, but if anyone reads this who would like to get a copy, just email me as I probably won't announce it.

3-LockBox
10-09-2007, 06:58 PM
That's a good question

noddin0ff
10-10-2007, 04:12 AM
whoa, talk about thread revival.

Audio Girl
10-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I was just thinking about the "old days" on here yesterday. I discovered most of my indie favorites here, and probably could still, I just need the time to participate more.

Now, my question is: Where's Snowie, DLD, YECHster?

Audio Girl
10-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I was just thinking about the "old days" on here yesterday. I discovered most of my indie favorites here, and probably could still, I just need the time to participate more.

Now, my question is: Where's Snowie, DLD, YECHster?

Swish
10-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm still kickin', but been terribly busy with my new gig. I'm enjoying my work more than ever, so it's all good, but I don't have a lot of time on the internet right now. When the weather turns, I'll prolly be checking in more frequently.

Swish Baby

-Jar-
10-14-2007, 06:12 AM
*honk*