I have a new crush [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I have a new crush

Dusty Chalk
08-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Her name is Natalie MacMaster, and if you knew my musical tastes, you'd be quite surprised, but you shouldn't be. Yes, she's a chick, but -- get this -- she doesn't sing or play bass! She's a fiddler (and a bit of a dancer). Saw her the other night opening for Eddie From Ohio, and was quite blown away. I had my binocular-ocular-glasses (practically binoculars), but couldn't tell if she was cute or not. Dang, I wish I had front row seats, because by the end of the set, it didn't matter. She's a damfine fiddle player, switching back and forth between "smooth" and "bark" to give that dancey rhythm that Cape Breton music has. Yes, that's right, a fiddle player -- kind of a Celtic/Bluegrass hybrid. The music went back and forth between being just this side of a little too country, to quite-modern-for-traditional-music in a Bela Fleck/Mike Oldfield kind of way. I highly recommend checking her out if you're interested in hearing an instrument played to the extremes of ability. Plus, it's happy music.

Tour (http://www.nataliemacmaster.com/schedule.htm)

http://www.nataliemacmaster.com/photos/blueprint1.jpg

Yes, I know she's a blonde -- but I've gotta believe she's got recessive redhead genes in there somewhere.

kexodusc
08-30-2004, 05:10 AM
I actually met her in Toronto a few years back...that picture doesn't do her justice!!!

Hyfi
08-30-2004, 12:09 PM
That does seem like a surprise for what I gatherd about your taste in music. A buddy of mine started fiddling around a few years ago and talked me into seeing her about a year ago. She is fantastic and good looking also. For the life of me I could not remember her name a few months back when we all listed Violyn and Fiddle players.

Another one that is real good but not much to look at is Eileen Ivers. She did the music from the original Riverdance tour. Eileen played last years Winter Carnival show here in New Hope to a packed lively crowd.

Hey Dusty, not sure if you checked out Annie Haslams website lately but she is doing lots of painting lately. Her work is featured in some prominent galleries in New Hope/Doyelstown/Lambertville area. Some pretty strange stuff but lots of cool colors...........ah the colors. I'm wondering if she is having any residual effects from the 60s and 70s.

New Beer Allert- Grants Manderin Heffewiese from Yakima Washington. Real nice lawnmower/summer brew.

Dusty Chalk
08-30-2004, 12:18 PM
...back to Natalie...did I mention loads of energy? I mean, simply her stamina was awe-inspiring...

kexodusc -- I envy you. She seems like a real sweetheart, too. Although, I kind of get the impression she's very religious, so we probably wouldn't get along...oh, well, one can dream...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...being religious, that is...