Is NAD t-763 any good? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is NAD t-763 any good?

wasinbcc150
08-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm planning to buy a NAD t-763 and does any of u know anything about it? if any of you do please let me know. thank you

E-Stat
08-30-2004, 04:36 AM
I'm planning to buy a NAD t-763 and does any of u know anything about it? if any of you do please let me know. thank you
I bought one after having heard the 320-BEE integrated. It has a solid 100 watts /channel with all channels driven at low distortion levels. It did take me a while to figure out the beast given all the options, though!

rw

kexodusc
08-31-2004, 04:23 AM
I bought one after having heard the 320-BEE integrated. It has a solid 100 watts /channel with all channels driven at low distortion levels. It did take me a while to figure out the beast given all the options, though!

rw

I know the T753 and T762 rather well, and almost bought the T-762. In my opinion NAD makes the most the most uncompromised A/V receiver below $2000, good for both critical music listening (ie: 2-channel stereo) and home theater applications. They are a tad bit pricey though compared to some of the other offerings. Generally, the NAD's haven't been as "feature packed" as some of their cheaper Japanese offerings from Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, Onkyo, etc...I think NAD's decided to concentrate on power and refining sound instead of DSP's and stuff.
I've always thought you could buy a decent cheap Japanese receiver to use as a pre-pro, and maybe a NAD 320bee or even separates and have the best of both worlds for the price of the NAD's though...I went with the Yamaha RX-V1400 and some Adcom power amps, but if space is a concern that might not be an option.
These certainly are impressive sounding units, though.

If I had to rank A/V receivers ($1500 and below) for sound quality, NAD would certainly be at or near the very top.

E-Stat: Do you recall (ballpark) what you paid for the T-763? Most of the dealer's I talked to wouldn't even knock $100 of the $1350 or so price tag...I found this discouraging.

E-Stat
08-31-2004, 04:32 AM
E-Stat: Do you recall (ballpark) what you paid for the T-763? Most of the dealer's I talked to wouldn't even knock $100 of the $1350 or so price tag...I found this discouraging.
It was right at $1300.

rw