6 days 2 crashes [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 6 days 2 crashes

cam
08-27-2004, 04:13 PM
6 days ago I am minding my own business 4 cars back in the turn lane at a red light. A car makes a turn to go in the opposite direction that I am facing and low and behold she bakes the back end rotating her car counter clockwise smashing her front right with my front left and then completing her rotation smashing her back right with my back left. Did she hit the car in front of me, nope, the car behind me, nope, just me. When I saw this car spinning towards me every milli second seemed about 3 seconds. We were both surprised that she only took me out and not 3 or 4 cars. Anyways, go to ICBC and the damage estimate is $3400 to my car. I take my car to a Ford body shop and it is going to be about 3 weeks till they get to my car. My car is still driveable so off I go. Well today I'm on my way to work, I make a stop at a red light, not a panic stop, a normal under control stop. I must have been stopped for about 2 to 3 seconds and then WHAM! Rear ended. Let me tell you folks, when you don't expect it it is quite a shock. This guy thought I was going to yank him out of his car and drill him. My neck hurts, I've got a pounding head ache, and left shoulder kills. Oh ya did I mention my car is not even 4 months old. I am pi$$ed. I know things come in three's so lets just say I am scared $hitless. What is next, a bolt of lightning.

markw
08-29-2004, 02:39 AM
I had my relatively inexpensive (>$13000) brandy new car three weeks. We went to a poetry reading in Bayonne, which featured poets of a certain minority, and come out to find my car keyed all the way from the left front fender to the back. Now, do I go thru insurance and pay for the next x years, pay for it myself, or simply live with it and carry a bit of a grudge for those of that ethnic persuasion who lived in that neighborhood?

piece-it pete
08-31-2004, 08:55 AM
Jeez, cam, that's a bummer!

Not to sound like a sue-er, but I'd get a MRI scan for soft tissue damage. Split or damaged discs are no laughing matter, I've got three and you want NONE!.

And remind me not to get in a car with you!! Just kidding, my bro-in-law had two crashes back-to-back a coupla months ago, not his fault, he didn't get back to "normal" driving till recently, it really shook him up.

And Mark, DEFINITELY go with the grudge lol. I'd get an estimate and do it myself if reasonable.

Pete

cam
08-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Believe me when I tell you, every intersection I cross now, I think to myself, this could be the end. Did you ever see FINAL DESTINATION. If you have you will know how I feel right now. Number 3 is coming, I just don't know when or where. If I stop posting, you'll know why.

JSE
08-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Believe me when I tell you, every intersection I cross now, I think to myself, this could be the end. Did you ever see FINAL DESTINATION. If you have you will know how I feel right now. Number 3 is coming, I just don't know when or where. If I stop posting, you'll know why.

Allright Cam. Here is what you do. Go get in your car right now and back into a tree or post or something. LIGHTLY! :p Your car is already toast. What's a little more damage? This will get #3 out of the way and you can rest at ease.

Fine Print: By "something" I mean something not human, animal or explosive. :D Sorry, the wife's a lawyer.

JSE

cam
08-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Allright Cam. Here is what you do. Go get in your car right now and back into a tree or post or something. LIGHTLY! :p Your car is already toast. What's a little more damage? This will get #3 out of the way and you can rest at ease.

Fine Print: By "something" I mean something not human, animal or explosive. :D Sorry, the wife's a lawyer.

JSE
That is some damn fine advice, I'll be right back!

piece-it pete
09-01-2004, 05:30 AM
If I stop posting, you'll know why.

LMAO!!!!

It'll get back to normal, one way or the other.

Pete

Chris
09-09-2004, 02:25 PM
Sounds like you've escaped "death's design". Better be careful from now on :)

cam
09-09-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey Chris, good to hear from you. I do believe I have fooled the GODS. I took JSE's advice. On a different note, you might want to get rid of that Site Administrater title beside your name before the new sherrif Eric rips your heart out. Or have you come back for your job.

Chris
09-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey Chris, good to hear from you. I do believe I have fooled the GODS. I took JSE's advice. On a different note, you might want to get rid of that Site Administrater title beside your name before the new sherrif Eric rips your heart out. Or have you come back for your job.
Actually, I asked Eric to change it already - he didn't. I might be able to change it on my own..... let me try that!

JamezHill
11-24-2004, 10:15 AM
I was rear ended about 2 years ago. Now everything was fine after that, but for about a year when I would drive my neck muscles would tense up alot. I guess out of fear it could happen again? Cause when it happens and you dont see/expect it, its pretty scary. I remember ever red light after that for a while I would keep looking in my rearview to see if anyone was coming at me. Oh, and the culprit in this accident? A 40 year old woman on her cell phone. And get this after the accident she asked me if I wanted to smoke weed with her, and not to call the cops and not to go through insurance. Heh, I got it all in the police report. Ends up she was in a lot of trouble already. Still sucks though.

Another accident that happened about a year ago, my birthday night, my (now ex) girlfriend took me out to a nice dinner, we kind of had an argument (nothing big) and at the end of the night I drive home at around 2am. I was doin 60 in the middle lane of the Long Island Expressway about half way home SMACK! A young driver who had been drinking fell asleep at the wheel. He hit the back passenger side of my pickup truck. Sent me into the fast lane, I smacked into the divider, bounced off of that, did a complete spin, went across all 3 lanes and smacked into the OTHER divider. My truck was immaculate and a week prior I had put all new rims on it. When it was said and done, the bed of my truck buckeled and I had one rim left. Amazingly, I walked out with just my forearms hurting from holding the steering wheel so tight. Airbad didnt even go off. Right as he hit me I saw that he kept driving and figured "just my luck, a hit and run". Ends up a mile down the road he called the cops too and goes "I think I hit something". I went through insurance and they would only pay me MARKET value for my truck which sucks, cause it was about half of what I probably could have gotten. THEN the next day I had a Final at college, and as I'm explaining what happened to my family I spill grape juice on my brand new pants I get the day before. Two days later I ask my then girlfriend to come car shopping with me and she breaks up with me. That was a week before christmas so the holidays (especially New Years) sucked. That was by far, the worst day in my life (so far)...but **** happens....just happens a lot to me <shrug>

texlle
11-30-2004, 04:02 PM
It is our belief, that most of us 2003+ Hyundai Tiburon drivers are cursed with stupid people causing accidents. My car been rear ended three times already in the two years I have had it. Though its not idiot driver related, my car underwent a nice hail storm pummeling two months after I bought it!