Can I operate yamaha rx-v2400 in 6.1 mode? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can I operate yamaha rx-v2400 in 6.1 mode?

jhopper
08-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I have front right, center, and left speakers and in the rear I have a surround right, center, and left speaker a 6.1 system. I went ahead and purchased the rx-v2400 because I plan on upgrading to 7.1 speakers sometime in the future. My question is how do I set up the rx-v2400 to operate like a 6.1 system. I am a newbie and need some veteran help.

Thanks,
Jhopper

cam
08-26-2004, 06:38 PM
I have front right, center, and left speakers and in the rear I have a surround right, center, and left speaker a 6.1 system. I went ahead and purchased the rx-v2400 because I plan on upgrading to 7.1 speakers sometime in the future. My question is how do I set up the rx-v2400 to operate like a 6.1 system. I am a newbie and need some veteran help.

Thanks,
Jhopper
When someone says 6.1 or 7.1, what it really means is 5.1+1. Unless you are talking about 6.1 dts discreet. Your center rear channels output the same so if for now you have only one speaker hooked up it doesn't matter. Just make sure you place it in the center rear. When you get a pair of speakers for your center rear just experiment and put some distance between them.

kexodusc
08-27-2004, 03:45 AM
If you've got the 2400, just hook all your speakers up according to the manual, and run YPAO's setup....should do everything for you.
Cam's right. 6.1 is 5.1 with some info crammed in for the rear effects channel most of the time except for DTS's discrete 6 channel format. 7.1 doesn't truly exist, it just sends the 6th channel to both the 6th and 7th speakers. If your room is fairly wide and long like mine, this can help alot.
When you add your 7th speaker, just run YPAO again. Make sure you select PLIIx and just PLII in the Pro-logic II menus.