OT - Name the Guinea Pigs contest [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT - Name the Guinea Pigs contest

ForeverAutumn
08-26-2004, 10:35 AM
My little Rat, Autumn, came to her demise last June. After a sufficient mourning period, we went out last night and purchased two eight-week-old Guinea Pigs. I can't post a picture of them yet, because they're too stressed out by their new environment to come out of their little house to say hello to the camera. But, regardless of their shyness, they need names. They are both female.

My husband suggested Geddy and Alex, but I don't think so. I was thinking maybe, Coheed and Cambria. I like the name Cambria, that one may stick. I'm not so crazy about Coheed.

Any suggestions?

nobody
08-26-2004, 11:11 AM
you could name them after my recently deceased birds, Elvis and Priscilla.

DarrenH
08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
When my wife was in college she had two parakeets named Mustard and Relish.

We now have two cockatiels named BamBam and Peebles and a Rose Breasted Cockatoo named Sweatheart.

What to name two female guinea pigs? Sounds like you really like the name Cambria so we need something to compliment that. How about...

Anastasia
Felicidy
Rodent :p

ForeverAutumn
08-26-2004, 12:35 PM
When my wife was in college she had two parakeets named Mustard and Relish.

We now have two cockatiels named BamBam and Peebles and a Rose Breasted Cockatoo named Sweatheart.

What to name two female guinea pigs? Sounds like you really like the name Cambria so we need something to compliment that. How about...

Anastasia
Felicidy
Rodent :p

I like Mustard and Relish!

When you mentioned Anastasia, I thought...hmmmm, maybe Anathema. But then I looked it up on Dictionary.com to see what the word actually meant....

1. A formal ecclesiastical ban, curse, or excommunication.
2. A vehement denunciation; a curse: “the sound of a witch's anathemas in some unknown tongue” (Nathaniel Hawthorne).
3. One that is cursed or damned.
4. One that is greatly reviled, loathed, or shunned: “Essentialisma belief in natural, immutable sex differencesis anathema to postmodernists, for whom sexuality itself, along with gender, is a ‘social construct’” (Wendy Kaminer).

How can a word that sounds so pretty have such a nasty definition?!

Slosh
08-26-2004, 02:56 PM
What to name two female guinea pigs?

Hey! I've had a few serious relationships with Italian girls and not all of them are pigs!

Bada Bing

nobody
08-26-2004, 03:01 PM
OH...both female. There's always Laverne and Shirley.

Finch Platte
08-26-2004, 05:56 PM
The Captain & Tennille?

After a while, you'll be able to finger out which the Captain is.

fp

Dave_G
08-27-2004, 05:01 AM
1) Muffy

2) Pookie

kexodusc
08-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Girls are harder to name...but here goes:

1) Isis
2) Hera

Gods among rodents....

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Girls are harder to name...but here goes:

1) Isis
2) Hera

Gods among rodents....

Kind of like Geddy and Alex, eh? :D

Hmmm. Not bad suggestions. I once had a cockatiel named Zeus and, more recently, a rat named Athena. So the Greek Gods and Goddess' names are not unfamiliar to me.

Troy
08-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Ham and Eggs

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2004, 08:00 AM
Ham and Eggs

I have a friend who owns a big cat. When I was naming my rats a couple of years ago, she suggested that I name them Breakfast and Lunch. :rolleyes:

you could name them after my recently deceased birds, Elvis and Priscilla.

I didn't read this post very carefully the first time. Sorry about your birds. :(

Worf101
08-27-2004, 08:03 AM
1. Pillage and Plunder
2. Wrack and Ruin
3. Juliette and Juliette2
4. Thelma and Louise
5. Puss and Boots

Just off the top of me liddle head.

Da Worfster :o

Worf101
08-27-2004, 08:05 AM
The most obvious of all...

Pinky and Brain!!!!!

Look at your avatar!!!!

Da Worfster :D

ForeverAutumn
08-27-2004, 09:12 AM
The most obvious of all...

Pinky and Brain!!!!!

Look at your avatar!!!!

Da Worfster :D

One of the new little beasts is white, so we did discuss Brain's nemesis, Snowball. But decided it was too obvious.

Pillage and Plunder are interesting. I can just imagine the conversation the first time I have to take them to the vet. "Yes, I'm calling to make an appointment for Pillage and Plunder. :D

jasn
08-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Since you are coming here for advice, how about Rave and Rex...?

Davey
08-27-2004, 09:42 AM
<i>Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip,
That started from this tropic port,
Aboard this tiny ship......</i>

Hehehe, I'd go with Ginger and Mary Ann. Maybe build a little grass hut for them to lounge in. But be careful cause you know how competitive the ladies can get :)

newtrix1
08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Rhythm & Blues?
Hip & Hop? (prolly better names for wabbits)
Porgy & Bess?

Dusty Chalk
08-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Catfood and Dogfood?

My sister has two cats, named Bruiser and Luvbug. Bug ends up getting called "bug" for short, but I call her "Poopykins", because...well, she does. Bruiser often gets referred to as "booze", but I like to call him "brewski".

I realize that has nothing to do with anything, but you never know what may spark the ultimate idea. I've also spent the last week with them.

audiobill
08-28-2004, 05:16 AM
Esther:
How about Isis? As in "I married Isis on the 5th day of May...." (or something like that, by BobDylan)

Or Barbarella -- scifi cheese.

Or Shelley -- as in Mary Shelley, the creator of Frankenstein.

Let us know what you guys decide.
Bill