Cool fun last night [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cool fun last night

Dave_G
08-26-2004, 06:42 AM
I went over to a buddy's house and he has this Karioki machine thingy that he hooked up to his tv. It's simply a large microphone with a small keypad and three coax leads that you plug into the video in, and the audio left and right inputs.

It has a little book that had song codes that you punch in. The music starts and they count down and then the words come across the tv plus some background images. The music sounds like K-Tel or muzak or Troys' homemade stuff, very synthetic and kind of cheesy. Plus some songs they don't follow the flow of the song properly, but mostly they did.

Well after a few beers I was into it. I was "singing" my ass off, my throat hurts a little today. This thing "rates" your singing when you are done, I got high 90's on every toon! It was way fun.

I sang Smoke on the water, Highway Star, Heart of Gold, Yellow Submarine, and several others.

Loads of fun, I had never done anything like this.

Any of ya'll ever done this?

Dave

Worf101
08-26-2004, 06:49 AM
Of course I'm a "ringer" in that I sing professionally in a band. I remember doing "My Girl" in a bar in Sydney and I thought they were gonna eat me alive. Guess they don't see much real soul down there. It can be great fun.

Da Worfster ;)

ForeverAutumn
08-26-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm not much into singing where other people can hear me. But we went to this Karioke bar one night for a laugh. There was this guy there, I'm gonna call him John. The people at the bar were making a big deal about him..."oh, John's here to sing tonight. That's great!" sort of thing. So, John's turn comes up. He's going to sing Desperado. There's about 8 of us sitting at two tables in the front, up by the stage. By the hubbub surrounding his arrival we're all thinking that he's gonna be really good and we're all in for a treat.

Well, to say that he sounded like a cat in heat being beaten with a baseball bat, would be cruel to the cat. This guy screeched out Desperado like fingernails on a blackboard. Since we were sitting right beside the stage, we didn't want to be mean, so it was all we could do not to laugh out loud at him. It's not that we were laughing because he was so bad. It was that it was such a shock because we were expecting him to be so good!

tentoze
08-26-2004, 10:31 AM
There ain't enough free booze in all of Las Vegas to get me to do that. I'd pass out before I got drunk enough to sing...............

Troy
08-26-2004, 12:17 PM
The music sounds like K-Tel or muzak or Troys' homemade stuff, very synthetic and kind of cheesy.

Yeesh. What a freekin' ray of sunshine YOU are!

You want cheesy? I gotcher cheesy right here:

http://www.designshed.com/toonage/solver.mp3

tentoze
08-26-2004, 12:20 PM
ROFLMAO! I was wondering if that would draw you out..............

Dave_G
08-26-2004, 04:12 PM
I will restate my comment as it pertains to Troy's production:

It sounds synthetic, similar to the sounds that Troys fake but KILLER "band" makes. I.E. it has a very computer generated feel but still drives home the message.

Troys stuff is not cheesy, but the sounds of the karokie thingy is.

There.

Better?

Dave

tentoze
08-26-2004, 08:01 PM
Aw, Dave, ya stepped in it, and now yr dragging it all over the room............

:p ;)

Dave_G
08-27-2004, 04:58 AM
My banter was all in jest. Unless a cd is produced by Terry Brown, regardless of artist, I hate it.

:rolleyes:

Dave

Dusty Chalk
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
It's really too bad that none of you know how to spell. It's "karaoke". From the ancient Kera (not sure if she was Greek or Roman), goddess of small, wounded animals, and "okay", as in, "I'm okay, I meant to do that." The resulting meaning, "to make sound like a small wounded animal on purpose".

(Can you tell I don't like karaoke?)