Paging DLD (and all you other Cowboys fans). [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paging DLD (and all you other Cowboys fans).

Swish
12-07-2003, 01:05 PM
It looks like you owe me a cold one dude. I'll be happy to collect it in person in New Orleans next year. As I was saying, the Cowboys are imposters and were lucky to beat the Eagles the last time they played. The Boys are sinking into the mud, the Eagles are rising to the top and, without any freaky problems, they should be playing in the Super Bowl this year. You heard it here first!

Your bud,
Swish Baby

NP: the last few minutes of the Eagles vs. Cowboys - the Eagles now lead it 36-10!! What a whuppin!

dld
12-08-2003, 06:46 AM
I'm buying, no doubt about it. But we had ya worried at halftime , admit it. Ha ha. ;) Yea, I knew yer Eagles had the studs, but 'boys were looking good there for awhile.

Since my LSU TIGERS are in the national championship game I'm a a damn fine mood :D

You ever been to Jean Lafittes Old Absinthe House? A great historic bar (on Bourbon Street) that pirates, yea, real priates!, used to hang out at. Wanna drink yer beers there? I'm sure they got some of that liquid bread youse guys like to drink.

Swish
12-09-2003, 06:52 AM
I'm buying, no doubt about it. But we had ya worried at halftime , admit it. Ha ha. ;) Yea, I knew yer Eagles had the studs, but 'boys were looking good there for awhile.

Since my LSU TIGERS are in the national championship game I'm a a damn fine mood :D

You ever been to Jean Lafittes Old Absinthe House? A great historic bar (on Bourbon Street) that pirates, yea, real priates!, used to hang out at. Wanna drink yer beers there? I'm sure they got some of that liquid bread youse guys like to drink.

Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been on the road since Sunday evening with no chance to check in on RR. Hey, congrats on LSU, but it's a cryin' shame that they're playing Oklahomo (typo/pun intended) instead of USC. The Sooners get destroyed in their last game, ala Nebraska of 2001, and still get to play in the championship game. And they were being hyped as perhaps the greatest team in NCAA history! Yeah, right! They got crushed and looked like also-rans, not a team that should have any chance at the championship. What a joke. The BCS is BS! It's gotta go, and soon!
Swish Baby

bobsticks
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Deja Vu, eh?

Swish
01-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Deja Vu, eh?

...that season, but I'm not being so bold this year. Not after the debacles in Chicago and Cincinnati, and the poor showing against the Skins at home. I suppose since everything is on the line each game, they might play better, but I'm just not sure they have the horses. I'm not counting them out though, as the playoffs are a 'fresh start' so to speak.

I may be heading to Austin later this year and will certainly get to meet up with good 'ole DLD and his lovely wife Kathy.

Swish
01-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Deja Vu, eh?

...well, you signature did anyway (great OTR song by the by), the lineup of the NOLA Jazz Fest is really sweet this year, and included your recent fave Sharon Jones.

Weekend 1: Wynton Marsalis, Dave Matthews Band, James Taylor, Joe Cocker, Earth Wind & Fire, Wilco, Spoon, Erykah Badu, Irma Thomas, Orishas, Third World, Robert Cray, Etta James & the Roots Band, Mavis Staples, Drive-By Truckers feat. Booker T. Jones, Johnny Winter, Pete Seeger, Hugh Masekela, Better Than Ezra, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Galactic, Roy Haynes, Pete Fountain, Avett Brothers, Kinky, Roy Rogers, Del McCoury Band, Terence Blanchard and dozens more lesser known artists.

Weekend 2: Aretha Franklin, Sugarland, Ben Harper and Relentless7, Tony Bennett, Kings of Leon, The Neville Brothers, Bonnie Raitt, Common, Emmylou Harris, Dr. John, Buddy Guy, Los Lobos, The O’Jays, Toots & the Maytals, Allen Toussaint, John Mayall, Solomon Burke, Doc Watson, Maze featuring Frankie Beverly, The Whispers, Jakob Dylan, Chuck Brown, Meter Men, Radiators, Aaron Neville, Ellis Marsalis, Kermit Ruffins & the Barbecue Swingers, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Poncho Sanchez Latin Jazz Band, BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet, The Subdudes, Patty Griffin and dozens more lesser knowns.

I've seen a fair share of the bands above, some at the two Jazz Fests I've been to, but I'd go again in a heartbeat...just not this year. Maybe 2010?