What happened to the threads Censorship or Glitch? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the threads Censorship or Glitch?

hershon
08-24-2004, 11:12 PM
There was at least one thread up where someone recommended a web site to get home theaters, speakers, etc., at a big discount. Why was this post taken off the site. Was this a technical glitch or some kind of new policy?

piece-it pete
08-25-2004, 08:29 AM
hershon,

I hate to say this but have a feeling it was pulled for financial reasons, IE, "official" links to sellers here that might get upset, or at least less traffic.

Hope I'm wrong!

Pete

hershon
08-25-2004, 09:53 AM
You've inspired me, I'm going to try to figure out how to do a picture too and add a Great one of Charlie Manson! If they took the guys thread out becasue of financial reasons that's so bogus man, they never did that before as far as I know.

hershon,

I hate to say this but have a feeling it was pulled for financial reasons, IE, "official" links to sellers here that might get upset, or at least less traffic.

Hope I'm wrong!

Pete

piece-it pete
08-25-2004, 10:31 AM
You've inspired me, I'm going to try to figure out how to do a picture too and add a Great one of Charlie Manson! If they took the guys thread out becasue of financial reasons that's so bogus man, they never did that before as far as I know.

hershon,

These boards have very little to do with the overall picture of AR. Consider, AK has upwards of 100 posts a day during the slow season (now) and ranks 485,000 in overall traffic web-wide. AR has how many posts a day (not that many) and is ranked 16,000! (FYI: a year ago they ranked close to 5000. No wonder they're acting up!)

So all that traffic must be in the reviews. The LAST thing the owners want to see is their paying customers ticked off by penny-pinching audiotypes (us).

I'm sure these secret "rules" have been around, they're just enforcing them now.

Pete