Music Magazines [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Music Magazines

BillB
08-24-2004, 03:38 PM
I read the NME website every morning while drinking coffee. It's great for me and my favorite music but they hype bands bigtime and quite often. Q is probably my second favorite, again because of the music I like with Mojo probably being third.

I listen to WXPN (www.xpn.org) all day at work on my Tivoli Model One and they play a nice spread of styles and artists.

Recently I found a US magazine that fits right in with what XPN plays...Tracks:

http://www.tracksmusic.com/index.jsp

It was recommended to me by the guys over at Red Trumpet when I bought my new CD player and picked up some CDs. They gave me a copy of the current issue and I ended up signing up for a year ($10 - 6 issues). It's pretty good. Just thought I'd recommend it...

Bill

Dave_G
08-24-2004, 05:30 PM
I like "Classic Rock", a mag based out of the UK.

It's killer, no filler.

All rock.

Plus the ads at the back for all the concerts over there make me drool.

The Europeans get all the good gigs.

Dave

Finch Platte
08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Only the old version of CREEM and Trouser Press for me.

fp

ForeverAutumn
08-25-2004, 07:07 AM
I like to read Teenbeat. Those fold-out posters of Nick Lachey are yummy!
Seriously, I like Uncut. I don't have a lot of time to sit down and read magazines. Uncut fills their mag with lots of short, quick articles. There's usually one or two long in-depth articles or interviews to read if I can find the time. But mostly I can keep current by getting in a quick article or two between client meetings. Besides, for $10 I get the magazine AND a CD. Gotta like that!

BillB
08-25-2004, 08:08 AM
It's awesome how every British music mag I've ever read includes CD's quite often with their issues:

Q
Uncut
Mojo
NME

Rolling Stone, Spin and AP are just rags compared to any of those...

Bill

ToddB
08-27-2004, 12:58 AM
The Big Takeover is good too.

http://www.bigtakeover.com/

Dusty Chalk
08-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Outburn is my favourite, with Wire an old favourite.