Listen...off in the distance... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Listen...off in the distance...

Resident Loser
08-24-2004, 07:16 AM
...are those jackboots I hear...

So it seems when the battles aren't goin the right way, threads are just closed? What else is there?...It's not for lack of traffic or age of the last post which was 20aug04...certainly there are unmolested threads that are old enough to have moss growing on them, but they are still open...

jimHJJ(...arbitrary and capricious rings a bell...)

topspeed
08-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Which thread?

Resident Loser
08-25-2004, 05:13 AM
...on a show called "Hee-Haw", this ditty was sung regularly...

Where, O where
Are you tonight,
Why did you leave me
Here all alone...
I searched the world over
An' I thought I found
True love
You met another and
Pffft!
You wuz gone...

...just like that fellows' beloved...Pfffft! that thread is gone...either that or it has been pruned and otherwise edited, in order to remove the "offensive"(read: truthful) bits, to the point of being un-identifiable as it's former self...

jimHJJ(...I have a philosophy in life...expect the worst, you'll never be disappointed...)

topspeed
08-25-2004, 01:54 PM
I remember that song, but I still don't know which thread you are talking about.

dean_martin
08-25-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm afraid the abandonment of truth at AR was just too much for RL. He's become nonresponsive, singing and humming tv diddies to calm his nerves. He can't sleep at night so he listens to shortwave radio and whispers to no one in particular, "I know they're coming! I know they're coming!" From the signs of freshly turned dirt in his back yard, it appears that he's been hiding lots of stuff - who knows what or from whom. Maybe when the Republican Convention cranks up he'll come around. Until then, we should find a way to humour him.

P.S. - just kiddin', RL