Beebop Deluxe (for Troy) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beebop Deluxe (for Troy)

skewiff
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Knowing that your a fan on sept 24, 5 Cd's will be reissued with extra tracks.
Axe Victim, Drastic Plastic, Futurama, Modern Music and Live (air Age).

These are English releases and will retail for about $14.00 as an import from Amazon UK.

Tony

Troy
08-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have most of those already from the early 90s CD release. They were quite nice, with bonus tracks and extra stuff in the booklets.

I know a lot of people will want these.

BarryL
08-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Knowing that your a fan on sept 24, 5 Cd's will be reissued with extra tracks.
Axe Victim, Drastic Plastic, Futurama, Modern Music and Live (air Age).

These are English releases and will retail for about $14.00 as an import from Amazon UK.

Tony

Yeah, I have some of these, but not all. I have Drastic Plastic on white vinyl, but I didn't get it on CD, so I'll be watching for it. Anyone who doesn't know this band should get acquainted. Axe Victim, Futurama, and Sunburst Finish are all outstanding.

jasn
08-25-2004, 05:46 PM
BBD is one of those bands where I love the albums that are least appreciated by the critics. My (no suprise) favorite is Axe Victim (A-h-h-h Night Creatures), with a very close second going to Modern Music. Who couldn't love the medley of songs comprising Side Two?.

I've got it all on (well-played) vinyl, but over the yers have been hesitiant to put out the extra bucks to get the imports on CD. I have three different greatest hits comps released in the US, counting the live Peels session, but have never embraced them because I've learned to love these songs in their proper order. I recently splurged for a copy of Modern Music on EBay, so I for one will be looking to put out the $$ to fill out my digital collection with these well-deserved re-issues.

My first intro to BBD, BTW, was Live in the Air Age. What an epiphany that was....