Tweeter damage.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter damage....

RorySwann
08-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I have a pair of very nice Mordaunt-Short 908's, unfortunatly, little fingers have pushed one of the tweeters in a bit, and made a very small scratch as well, will this affect the sound the tweeter will produce? Does anyone have any good ways of pulling the dent in the tweeter back out? (the vacume cleaner method does not work as the tweeter is too hard)
Thanks!

topspeed
08-23-2004, 03:11 PM
First a defective amp, now your tweeter gets pushed in? I wouldn't go to Vegas anytime soon because your mojo is in the wrong place!

First and foremost, can you hear a difference? If you can't hear a difference, I'd live with it. If so, I'd call the manufacturer and see what they recommend or price out a replacement (shouldn't be that bad). If all else fails, I saw a nice ad for a dent removal system called "Dent-B-Gone" or something...of course that was for your car ;).

psonic
08-24-2004, 05:43 AM
Hi,

I have a pair of very nice Mordaunt-Short 908's, unfortunatly, little fingers have pushed one of the tweeters in a bit, and made a very small scratch as well, will this affect the sound the tweeter will produce? Does anyone have any good ways of pulling the dent in the tweeter back out? (the vacume cleaner method does not work as the tweeter is too hard)
Thanks!

Take a strip of duct tape or masking, just carefully dab it onto the dent...it will pull it right out like new! I have noticed no degredation of sound when a softdome is dented and fixed...

RorySwann
08-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks, ive tried that as well. The tweeter is an aluminium dome tweeter, so its very hard, and wont pull back out. I cant say i have noticed a vast difference in the sound, however im sure something does not sound quite right about it.