Rush [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rush

ForeverAutumn
08-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Gods among men or just another rock band.

Discuss.

FA (coming down from from her Rush induced high after last night's most awesome concert in their hometown of Toronto).

MasterCylinder
08-23-2004, 12:46 PM
BOTH !

Did you receive the CD ?

ForeverAutumn
08-23-2004, 12:52 PM
BOTH !

Did you receive the CD ?

Both? That's kind of cop-out answer, don't you think? :p

Yes, I did receive the CD. But I was out of town when it arrived last week. I got home yesterday with just enough time to unpack and shower before heading out to the concert. I'll give it a listen tonight or tomorrow and get back to you with my comments. Thanks for sending it!

mad rhetorik
08-23-2004, 01:06 PM
They're just another <i>incredibly geeky-ass prog</i> rock band.

Hey, you asked. ; P

Stone
08-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Dogs among men
-----

Finch Platte
08-23-2004, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn]Gods among men or just another rock band.QUOTE]

Wankers. ;)

fp

Dave_G
08-23-2004, 04:27 PM
All of ya'll are wankers, except me and Troy.

Dave

Finch Platte
08-23-2004, 04:38 PM
All of ya'll are wankers, except me and Troy.

Dave

I have it on good authority that Troy wanks.

fp

Dusty Chalk
08-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Incredibly gifted wankers with an incredible rock song sensibility with a great sense of humour. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

One of my earliest concert experiences was Rush. It was the first time that I really felt starstruck. You know, I was seeing them. Not just them, but THEM.

DPM
08-23-2004, 08:09 PM
...but nothing more. I saw their show last Wednesday in NYC. They really rocked the joint. It was obvious that they were having a good time. They even managed to surprise me when they performed Between The Wheels from Grace Under Pressure.

Dave M

Troy
08-24-2004, 06:26 AM
I have it on good authority that Troy wanks.

fp

The truth is out . . .

ForeverAutumn
08-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Here's a picture of Sunday's concert, taken by a friend of a friend...

ForeverAutumn
08-24-2004, 01:58 PM
...and another.

ForeverAutumn
08-24-2004, 01:59 PM
...one more.

BarryL
08-24-2004, 09:11 PM
So what's the deal with the washer and dryer?

BarryL
08-24-2004, 09:12 PM

Do I get an AR watch?

ForeverAutumn
08-25-2004, 04:53 AM

Ahhh, grasshopper, this is an age-old question.

I guess when you're constantly on tour it's hard to find the time to get your laundry done. :D

They had three dryers on stage during the Vapor Trails tour in 2002. For this tour, they had two dryers and a vending machine. The kind that you find in hospitals, that are filled with stale sandwiches and you spin them around looking for the sandwich that looks the freshest. Anyway...the dryers are filled with colourful t-shirts that spin around through the concert. When they stopped in the first half of the show, some guy comes out from side stage, pretends like he's checking the shirts to see if they're dry and then starts them spinning again. At the end of the show, Geddy and Alex grab the shirts from the dryers and throw them out into the audience.

They had their soundboard on stage. During 2112 all of the sound guys were dressed like pirates, and Geddy had a parrot sitting on his shoulder. Geddy sang "we are the pirates of the Temples of Syrinx". The dryers stopped during this song and two pirates came out, had a little sword fight and then checked the laundry and restarted the dryers.

It was all very bizarre and know one seems to know if there's a meaning behind it. But it's all very amusing.

kexodusc
08-25-2004, 05:40 AM
...that I can still ROCK as awesome as these guys when I'm that age.

There are so few bands that can endure the ravages of time. Quite honestly I'm a bit surprised at the sort of Rush Revival that's happening around the world the past few years.
Talent and integrity cannot be denied...