Which receiver should I get??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Which receiver should I get???

gsxr750
08-22-2004, 10:23 PM
I am getting infinity primus 360 speakers, and a ps-12 sub. Does anyone have any suggestions on which reciever I should Get? I am pretty much down to either a yamaha HTR-5760, or a rx-v750.
the rx-v750 is $100 more, is it worth it to get it over the 5760???
Also I noticed that the rx-v750 has a lcd screen remote which is kinda cool.
but anyway if anyone could give me advice on what would work for me let me know. thanks,

Moirgan

gsxr750
08-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh, and so you guys know a little more about what Im going to use( i read another similar post), be getting the rest of the surround speakers soon, and will be getting a regular tube flatscreen tv w/ s video, I want to be able to hook up turn tables, I will be more conserned with music but Im also pretty into home theatre. Movies, and tv, but no hdtv.
think that about does it, thanks for any help,

Morgan

kexodusc
08-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Not an easy question to answer, but here's what you should consider:

The RX-V750 is basically the same as the 5760 but comes with:
1) A learning remote (which can be very handy, but might not be any more useful than the HTR-5760's remote to you, the program codes of the 5760 might operate all your equipment)
2) Component video up conversion (instead of the 5760's s-video upconversion)...if you plug your dvd player and satellite straight into your tv, this feature is probably useless to you and isn't a benefit.
3) phono inputs - do you own a record player? If not, and you don't expect to, you won't need this.
4) More power - The extra power in the RX-V750 is absolutely insignificant and probably won't make a 1% difference over the 5760's power, don't be fooled.

If you feel the extra's are worth $100 to you, it's a great receiver. If you won't use them, spend that money elsewhere in your system.
My opinion is that the HTR-5760 is the best value in Yamaha's receivers...the 750 is certainly very close.