hdtv monitor help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : hdtv monitor help

maddi
08-22-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm looking to buy a hdtv. can anyone suggest any models I really want a tube tv because of the picture quality when looking from an angle however the largest 16:9 I found was 34in.in the tube model. I don't need anything to large about 46in would be sufficient. my options are open to a projection tv if anyone knows of one with a great picture

replay11
08-22-2004, 05:24 PM
i was in the same spot as u.... looked at the pan 34" wide and the sony 34''...then i looked at the http://goodguys.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=192715 i ended up buying this tv for the reduced price of 11 hundred and change (because there is the new model coming out, the 520) thyere was not much diff' between the new and old model...but u really have to buy the stand with this tv.which is 2 bills......so far pretty happy... 30 days to return if needed but looks like i will keep it

sy_lu
08-22-2004, 05:32 PM
If you are looking for a large size direct view tv, your only option at present is plasma. Although larger size LCD panel is coming to the market, their picture quality is not quite the same as large size plasma. Just remember a lot of 42" plasma out there are really 480p EDTV not true HDTV. For RPTV, I think tube based tv are better value and I like the Mitsubishi. If you prefer the slim profile then look for DLP or three chips based LCD. If you want DLP, be sure to check it out for yourself. This is becasue although TI has three chips DLP module, most of the DLP on the market are one chip design. They uses some sort of the color wheel to rotate color lights. It seems a very small number of people sees some sort of rainbow effect because of the light rotations.